Simms warranty

Started by driver, August 26, 2016, 15:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Two words: Barge Cement  d:b
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

NCsporksman

Good lord my guy, might as well strap on some chakos or glue carpet to some old dress shoes

Thanks to the EXACTLY all 5 members of this board who answered, I'm gonna go raise hell on the simms hotline now

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Dougfish

Simms love. I hated them for the first year. Stiff. Hurt my ankles. Frankenstein boots.
2 1/2 years. Felt still hanging in there. All seams intact. 120ish days, god knows how many miles.
World record boots for me.

They'll probably disintegrate next trip. -0-

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

I bought a pair of Simms Freestone rubber soles a while back, and they are ass busting machines. Might as well tie some oiled bacon around your feet.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

The Dude

Simms warranty is a load of hot jizz shot into your nostrils anymore.  Fuck that company.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Woolly Bugger

think they'll fix my boots...  :;!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

Big J

How long did you get out of those freestones Woolly? I wasn't too impressed with the life of mine before they needed to be replaced.  I was impressed with how much longer I made them work though.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on March 20, 2020, 08:09:12 AMHow long did you get out of those freestones Woolly? I wasn't too impressed with the life of mine before they needed to be replaced.  I was impressed with how much longer I made them work though.

I can't really remember but offhand I say at least three years.
me -There's a season?

troutboy_II

In spite of my mostly positive comments about my Simms waders last year, I still think Chota STL felt boots are the most comfortable and longest lasting boots I have ever had.  Might take a look.

My $.02.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

driver

The freestones are garbage. I've had good luck with the Simms models above those. Had a pair of G3 guides I wore the rubber soles slick. Still have em.

Dougfish

Driver and I had this streamside conversation. Your miles may vary.
I'm notoriously rough on boots. Starting year 3 on my felt Freestones. Which is a world record for me. They probably wouldn't last the year, but I begrudgingly give them their due. And I won't pester Simms about the warranty like the chief skinflint here.  :Dance
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Ha, just submitted a review...  -+;
me -There's a season?