News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Monster Garage...

Started by RiverbumCO, June 26, 2014, 14:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverbumCO

Buckled down and started stripping the hull.

Day one results

Day two results. The keel section has to be down to bare glass for a layer of kevlar.

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

RiverbumCO

Ill be glassing tomorrow if the weather stays good. Gonna lay up a sheet of cloth across the transom to beef things up for future poling platform.

RiverbumCO

After years of talking shit, ive gone to the dark side. 2005 Merc 2stroke with all in one tiller. Shes a first pull starter.

driver

Traitor!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RiverbumCO

I told myself Merc or Yamaha whichever came available first. This little one owner gem was first time show.

RiverbumCO

Been on a good steady tear lately. Once i get started I don't wanna stop. Finished getting all paint/gel off the keel area to prep for kevlar.

Glass a layer of 7oz cloth and 5oz cloth across to transom to the gunwhale transition area to beef up for a possible poling platform down the road. Easier to do it now and im sure i wont regret it.

Glassed in some kevlar keel protection. 6oz.

Yall were right, kevlar is a pain to deal with it, and it may not protect squat, but at least its one extra layer of something.

The. I covered it all up to the chines in 4 coats of epoxy graphite. 9oz pots seemed to be the perfect amount and have just a smidge leftover. It ran in places, and isnt exactly even, but only i will see the bottom and it seems real slick when wet (i had just rinsed all the kamikaze bugs off in this pic).

Since this ive now got the boat back on the trailer and im sanding down the gunwhales. Started with 60 grit to knock the top layer of gel off. Thought i had 120 grit pads but did not. Took a while to get it smooth with 220, and ill prob hit it with 320 before paint. Not a whole lot of fairing to do. One spot on the side, the nose and transom area.

RiverbumCO

Painted and sticker'd her

More progress...almost there.

Sanded down the nose cap and glassed in a 2x4 for the trolling motor.

Installed nose cap with Nav light wires ran, and a plug installed for the trolling motor in the front of the nose cap. Added a pop up cleat.

Push pole holders.

Got the grab bar back from the fabricator. I think I'm really gonna like it, probably gonna do a paracord wrap over the top.

Put on the rod holder grommets from customgheenoe.

I went 4" up for the transom riser. If it's too much and I'm blowing out I can cut some off but even like this I got about 2" of setback and the cav plate is aninch or so above the keel

Ill clean up the mess when the wiring is done and I've got a switch panel fabbed up for the grab bar.

Dougfish

'c;
Got the next project in the barn, Prof. Curious George?  -0-
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

That lettering doesn't appear to be legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

RiverbumCO

:banana-fu:  Wooly!

Doug, whatchagot???

RiverbumCO

I did this today. Grab bar is awesome. Motor is awesome. Trolling motor is also awesome.