News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Buncombe county's finest

Started by BrookieHunter, July 21, 2016, 13:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookieHunter

With the kids still away I got out and explored two new creeks that my intel said held brook trout, unfortunately that info was wrong. one creek just didn't have near enough water and the other one was so full of silt it would have been better suited to catfish or snapping turtles. So wednesday I hit two creeks close by that I knew had trout and proceeded to catch quite a few.

If this first creek had more water it looks like it could hold a few trout but I've been up it twice now and couldn't even spook anything resembling a fish.

This was the second creek and every good looking spot was just full of silt and mud, it's a shame because I'm sure at some point in time it held trout.

Found these guys having a good time. -+;

Finally remembered to pack some beer. 0:0

Wednesday I hiked into this creek and it never fails on the way out somehow I lose the trail and have to bushwack straight up to the road, still haven't figured out how you can walk down a trail and then come back up and lose it. But the fishing makes up for it.

Caught this skinny guy down there.

Stopped on the way out and harassed some rainbows.

benben reincarnated

There are only three real viable brookie streams in the county.  One of them  has wild browns too....

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Good stuff! Yeah, Buncombe is a bit trout-deficient compared to the surrounding counties, but looks like you found some good ones. How did you like that Boojum Graveyard Fields? Bought some of that a while back and thought it was pretty durn good.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

BrookieHunter

That is some mighty fine beer, thankfully they didn't overpower it with the blueberries. I could just barely pick up a hint of them in the flavor.