News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New hobby for Mudwall???

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 22, 2016, 11:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

He actually grabbed two of the caterpillars at once. He describes it as a thousand needles stabbing through the skin of his hand and arm. Then, he says it burnt like fire for an hour or more.

bmadd

I basically saved Grannyknot's life on our recent trip. He went on and on and on about being scared of hornets because of a reaction he had. Climbing up a little creek, we're both looking at the best way to cast into a hole with a little overhang. He never saw the hornet's nest. But I did. #friendoftheyear

driver

Catapiller sting do suck.

Got stung in the forehead by a wasp when i was a kid. Both eyes swelled shut

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

driver

Forgot to menetion my suite mates at the hospital. One was a old drunk that said he drink 6 40's the other was bit by a copper head on the foot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Grannyknot

Quote from: bmadd on June 24, 2016, 09:05:28 AM
I basically saved Grannyknot's life on our recent trip. He went on and on and on about being scared of hornets because of a reaction he had. Climbing up a little creek, we're both looking at the best way to cast into a hole with a little overhang. He never saw the hornet's nest. But I did. #friendoftheyear

true story.
many thanks.  0:0
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Michael Toris

Quote from: Big J on June 24, 2016, 08:23:06 AM
I see G looking at this thread.  I bet he has lots of stories of getting stung seeing as how he crawls around in the forest looking for plants, roots, and other crap to forage.
I LOVE to fight bees. One of life's many pleasures

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

A bunch of leggöng, all of you!!!!!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Big J on June 24, 2016, 07:33:51 AM
Quote from: driver on June 24, 2016, 00:03:38 AM
Funny this topic came up. I'm just now getting home from the ER for a yellow jacket sting. My fourth YJ sting of the year, first ever major reaction. I was covered in hives. Now I'm doped up on IV benedryl

How the heck have you been stung by so many yellow jackets?

I've been hit 20-30 times at one time by those little bastards more than once. Usually when weedeating.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dee-Vo on June 24, 2016, 08:40:45 AM
He actually grabbed two of the caterpillars at once. He describes it as a thousand needles stabbing through the skin of his hand and arm. Then, he says it burnt like fire for an hour or more.

I've probably gotten stung 500 times by saddlebacks over the years. I grew up on a tobacco farm, and you'd get ate up out there cutting tobacco. Cutting corn fodder was even worse for them.

They suck, but they pale in comparison to an IO moth caterpillar. Had one climb up inside my shirt while I was deer hunting a couple years ago. It left extremely painful, swollen welts on my side for two weeks.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dee-Vo

Yellowjackets -- Being on a lawnmower proves to be a damned fine way to get their attention. They can nail you tons of times before you can jump off and get gone. Just another reason I hate lawnmowers.

ajhock

+1000 on the Velvet Ant/Cowkiller.  I was a teen and had no idea what I was picking up.  Still the absolute baseline for pain-ometer.  There is a nettle, the name I can't remember just now, in Texas that blasts you almost as bad but not for as long. 
""Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."-J. Keats

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!