News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Third Time's a Charm (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, June 19, 2016, 19:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

Two times I've been denied access here. That would change today. For the last few weeks I've held high hopes for this creek. Hopeful and eager, I headed north after some Father's Day events.

After ending up at a gated community the first time, and four-wheelin' through Hell the second trip, I needed something solid this go around. A church many times will provide safe parking. The only problem with that is that it's Sunday. Too much attention from the worshippers. Said fuck it, and parked on the road at a bridge. Ain't skeered.

This bridge was adjacent to a private camp site.

As usual, things were sketchy. Ruffians were abound along with their poultry.

The creek was silt-bottomed in many places from the get-go. Some stretches worse than others. Tons of chubs in this flow.

Eventually, a trout took the fly. I was hoping this was a nice sleeper brookie stream. I couldn't be positive as I don't know anyone who has fished it. First fish was a 'bow. That fact remained unchanged until my departure. Never a brookie. Damned shame.

Found this rainbow just chillin' in the creek's edge. Got a pic.

Strange happenings on this tree's leaves.

An impressive and neatly kept garden was streamside.

R. I. P.

I caught rainbows until I was tired of 'em. Fortunately, some were of nice size for this creek's stature. A few fish were hooked upstream, and made a lightning speed bolt by me, and downstream they went. Quite the battle.

Features began to appear. Some large pools held many fish. At one point I came within 3 feet of a tiny spotted baby deer. It was in the creek against the bank. Took off wide-open. My heart may have stopped briefly. Almost stroked out, for real.

Gradient picked up making things far more challenging than initially. I kept hoping for the natives to show.......dammit.

Some of these large pools turned me on. Was a real let down when I discovered the piles of silt in each of them.

Many of the smooth and slick cascades I traversed boasted a beautiful color scheme. Pleasing to the eye.

What was once a beautiful home seemed dilapidated.

I called it quits here. This cascading fall was maybe 20-30 feet high and steep. No way around. This flow has a couple forks further up, but unfortunately I couldn't reach that section. I'm not sure they would be all that lovely anyhow seeing how the rest of the creek was a 'bow fest, and somewhat small.

Got wood?!

Keep at it, boys. Happy Father's Day to you gents. Today marks my second one, couldn't be more proud.  d:b d:b d:b

Yallerhammer

Good shit! Glad you finally got to sample the forbidden fruit. And those are some damn nice 'bows, actually.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Onslow

Damn, it's a pity the cockroaches have taken over this creek.  Compared to some other creeks in the area, this one seems to be quite attractive.

buddy_25_99

Hell yeah sounds like an awesome day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolly Bugger

Not too shabby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Happy father's day to all you crazy bastards.  y;
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

joe friday

I'd call that a banner day, even with the rainbows.  It Was  A Happy Father's Day, indeed! 

How far did you travel upstream before you hit the tall waterfall?

Dee-Vo

Quote from: joefriday on June 20, 2016, 08:31:11 AM

I'd call that a banner day, even with the rainbows.  It Was  A Happy Father's Day, indeed! 

How far did you travel upstream before you hit the tall waterfall?

From my put-in point I travelled approximately a mile, or a little less before reaching those falls. The creek would be far more ragged and steep as you progressed past....if you could get past.

Dee-Vo

This fish. Check the tail size out on this thing. Was a beast in that small stream.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dee-Vo on June 20, 2016, 10:03:53 AM
This fish. Check the tail size out on this thing. Was a beast in that small stream.

Looks like a 250hp Black Max Mercury on a 16' johnboat.  ;D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

RiverbumCO

Looks like it could be pretty local.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Dee-Vo