News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ethnic Cleansing

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, June 15, 2016, 18:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Needing to remove last Saturday's carp smell from my psyche, today I disappeared for a couple hours to cleanse my soul and a beloved stream of a few of the invasive rainbows.   

Traveling on the hard asphalt to the brookie stream I had to make one stop to parley with a young rattler.   He/she was quite friendly.

I purged the waters of as many aliens as I could catch, leaving the brookies in their native abode. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

A rattlesnake encounter and the cleansing of yourself and a stream of aliens. Eventful evening. Nice.

Woolly Bugger

nice, those rattlers will give you religion 0:0
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Jfey

You need a few more brookies to wash the carp stank off.
Yup, going fishing

Dougfish

Hipster needs cleansing. Film at 11.  :laugh:
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

I once wanted to visit an actual legitimate snake-handling church to see how it worked, and to see how the experience felt. If I recall correctly, I located one in the edge of Tennessee, or at least in that general location. Not wanting to make the trip alone, and coming across a couple of rattlers in the wild cleansed me of that desire.

Anybody affiliated with one or visited one?

If your faith is genuine you don't have to worry about being bitten by one of the many venomous snakes being passed around. If not, however, you're screwed. If this holds water, I would've likely been bitten before ever getting in the door.

Mudwall, your report beckoned memories back into plain view that have been long suppressed.

Yallerhammer

Good stuff. Hell, I just wish we still had some invasive rainbows that size to catch around here. We used to, but the invasive browns and otters ate all of 'em up over seven inches long. :D Fine looking brookies, too.

Dee-vo, I've always wanted to go to one myself just for the hell of it. I went to a Holy-roller church one time, saw people leaping over pews, speaking in tongues, and wallerin' around on the floor in fits of spiritual seizures, but no snakes. There used to be a quite active snake-handling church in my county, but it kind of disbanded after the preacher died from a rattler bite.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Grannyknot

Mudwall has been fishing a lot these days.
Retirement must be good.   'c;
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Big J

Seeing a rattler is a real treat.  At least when you spot them from a distance.

If that is the stream I think it is....there are rainbows in there?!?!?!  I knew there were a few browns but didn't know there were rainbows.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Grannyknot on June 16, 2016, 07:05:57 AM
Mudwall has been fishing a lot these days.
Retirement must be good.   'c;

Actually I have not fished that much.  Certain family obligations have kept me away from my wife and near my parents. 

Quote from: Big J on June 16, 2016, 07:48:01 AM
If that is the stream I think it is....there are rainbows in there?!?!?!  I knew there were a few browns but didn't know there were rainbows.

I caught more than a dozen small rainbows and some larger; they are abundant down low in the watershed - matter of time before they migrate upstream to the better brookie water.  There are no barriers.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

--Old Yaller-- - The preacher man must've not been as holy as he portrayed himself to be iffin' he got tagged by the rattler.....and died from it.

--Old Yaller-- - Part II - My first marriage took place in this very small, cult-like, country church. I knew nobody, and didn't care to. During the wee morning hours of our wedding day a monstrous thunder/wind/rain storm knocked the power out. It was July. Hot as Hades. We had music on radios powered by battery....bluegrass. We had no air-conditioning. Get this -- while I nervously sweated and waited for my bride-to-be to make her entrance, the preacher (a real dick-face) says to me, "My son got married when the power got knocked out. His marriage didn't last long. You may want to make sure this is what you want to do." I said something sort of smart-assed. The sweltering wedding came to be and so-on.

During the next 1-2 years, I was forced and "guilted" into attending this church a handful of times. Each time got more and more uncomfortable. People patting me on my back like they knew me. People acting this way and that even though I just seen them doing "Satan's Work" recently. Women yelling and screaming and writhing on the floor because the spirit was in her. Scared the hell out of my ass. Crazy-assed people.

The marriage ended before crossing the 2 year mark. Thank the good creator for that, whomever he may be.

Yallerhammer

Yeah, the preacher refused medical treatment, said his faith would protect him. Apparently, a good dose of mixed  hemotoxins and neurotoxins is considerably stronger than faith.

I grew up going to some pretty wild little backwoods churches. Haven't been back in one in about thirty years except for funerals and such.

I got married the last time at a roadside $99.99 wedding place in Pigeon Forge. I was wearing shorts, flipflops, and a Molly Hatchet tshirt. That marriage has lasted over 20 years so far. My first one with the official church wedding, not so much. :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff