News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hanging Rock SP expansion...

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 28, 2017, 10:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local/more-to-explore-hanging-rock-state-park-is-expanding/452236499

STOKES COUNTY, N.C. -- Pretty soon there will be more to explore at a popular hiking destination.

North Carolina is asking for your input on plans to expand Hanging Rock State Park.

The state recently acquired nearly 750 acres of land north of the park. According to the NC Department of Natural and Cultural Resources, a master plan is in the works to direct future growth for Hanging Rock.

Hanging Rock State Park currently covers close to  8,000 acres of land.

Park Superintendent Robin Riddlebarger says she'd like to see more trails and more campsites.  She says attendance is up 5% from the more than 650,000 people that visited last year.

"People come here to get an outdoor wilderness experience which is becoming hard to do with this many people in the park."

The Moore's Spring area and Vade Mecum area will be added to the park.  It's land already owned by the state, but developers are still trying to figure out what to put out there in terms of trails, camping or other venues.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!