News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Close to home

Started by BrookieHunter, June 01, 2016, 20:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookieHunter

This week ended up way different than planned. Originally I had planned to return to the creek from my recon mission last week but as usual plans changed. My friend that was going got rescheduled by his wife and then with potential for thunderstorms I figured it would be wiser to save that creek for another day. So I hit up a few streams close to home early in the week picked up a new hippie stick 1WT yesterday and tried it out on some Madison County rainbows and brookies today. Found that little brook trout with the belly several miles from any other wild brook trout, not sure exactly where he came from. Here's a few pictures from the week, overall not a bad week, beats riding the couch any day.

driver

Thats a big bug!! Hexagenia i'm assuming. The bug lords will confirm.

Dee-Vo

That definitely is much better than couch time.  0:0

buddy_25_99

Awesome day! Way better than the couch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougfish

-0-
This newb delivers the goods.  'c;
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Good stuff! Good looking creek, and some pretty fish. It's weird how a mystery speck will pop up every now and then in an odd place, I've caught a few over the years in places that they shouldn't have been. Maybe every now and then, one just decides to leave the headwaters and go swim-about.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff