News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New dudes?

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 26, 2016, 09:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I was tying flies downtown yesterday and stuck up a conversation with a young women. Her husband also ties and fishes the s holston. As a matter of fact her husband and his friend had just purchased the flycraft stealth, a two man raft with a sewn in floor, NOT self bailing! Its rated for class I & II. Question is would you float that craft on the soho?

http://www.flycraftusa.com/#!products/cjg9

I was tempted to ask her if I could have his shit when he dies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Michael Toris

That really seems dangerous to me, but maybe they are floating calmer sections. No way would I take that through Hickory Tree Falls

Jfey

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 26, 2016, 09:19:01 AM
I was tying flies downtown yesterday and stuck up a conversation with a young women. Her husband also ties and fishes the s holston. As a matter of fact her husband and his friend had just purchased the flycraft stealth, a two man raft with a sewn in floor, NOT self bailing! Its rated for class I & II. Question is would you float that craft on the soho?

http://www.flycraftusa.com/#!products/cjg9

I was tempted to ask her if I could have his shit when he dies!

They might reconsider the purchase after running the rapid in front of Jack's...  Find out when they are going next and see if we can put a down payment on his stuff.
Yup, going fishing

Woolly Bugger

Hopefully they will only float on low water, otherwise they will become a statistic

This might be a better option

http://creekcompany.com/product.php?productid=16447&cat=282&page=1

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

RiverbumCO

Ive always thought those boats appealed only to the bro floaters. Not a fan.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: RiverbumCO on May 26, 2016, 10:50:34 AM
Ive always thought those boats appealed only to the bro floaters. Not a fan.
the flycrap? With optional gopro pole?

me -There's a season?

IFStultz

Comes with a fly craft logo buff too.

IFStultz

I saw one for rent at Trout Stalkers in Ennis last week. They are pretty small and don't have a lean bar. Better options out there for the money.

Grannyknot

I'm sortof skeert of inflatables in general, unless its being rowed by someone that really knows what they are doing.

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

ptfranze

Quote from: Grannyknot on May 26, 2016, 12:38:57 PM
I'm sortof skeert of inflatables in general, unless its being rowed by someone that really knows what they are doing.

No reason to be scared of them.  They are made of the same material that white water rafts are made from.  If they can handle white water and hitting rocks they sure as hell can handle fishing floats, even with someone who cant row.  The one Chris brought to the musky tournament was solid.  Wasn't a flycraft, but even when I was rowing and hitting things it was perfectly fine. 

Big J

Rafts are pretty durable.  My next boat related purchase will be a Jet Outboard, then a raft.  Only thing you have to watch out for that drift boats don't necessarily have to is sticks and branches.  Go thru a run and hit a pointy object and you are done.  Rocks you just bounce off of. 

Grannyknot

Quote from: ptfranze on May 26, 2016, 13:31:43 PM

No reason to be scared of them.  They are made of the same material that white water rafts are made from.  If they can handle white water and hitting rocks they sure as hell can handle fishing floats, even with someone who cant row.  The one Chris brought to the musky tournament was solid.  Wasn't a flycraft, but even when I was rowing and hitting things it was perfectly fine.

Its not the material they are made from, but more of how high up you sit.
I've mind fucked myself into thinking as soon as they get sideways in a rapid, they are going over.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

IFStultz

I have the Buck's bags headhunter and it's pretty stable. The trade off being there isn't much clearance between the framework, the casting deck, and the water.Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

bmadd

So I guess I shouldn't bring my new raft on our trip???

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

ptfranze

Quote from: Grannyknot on May 26, 2016, 14:17:48 PM
Quote from: ptfranze on May 26, 2016, 13:31:43 PM

Would have to talk to him more, but Chris made it sound like it was pretty close to impossible to flip the one he had.  He said it was much more likely to flip a wooden drift boat. 
Its not the material they are made from, but more of how high up you sit.
I've mind fucked myself into thinking as soon as they get sideways in a rapid, they are going over.