News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River Generation Weekend Schedule

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 19, 2016, 10:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Currently we are going to be dealing with a 10am to 2pm Sat Sun release...

10 - 2 is fine with me.
1 (5.9%)
3 hours both days
2 (11.8%)
2 hours  both days
5 (29.4%)
1 hours on both days
2 (11.8%)
4 hours on Sat
0 (0%)
3 hours on Sat
0 (0%)
2 hours on Sat
1 (5.9%)
1 hour on Sat
0 (0%)
4 hours on Sun
3 (17.6%)
3 hours on Sun
2 (11.8%)
2 hours on Sun
0 (0%)
1 hours on Sun
0 (0%)
No Weekend Generation!
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Al

We received this heads up to pass along concerning the DRBA hosted meeting on weekend water flow:

ATTENTION - Meeting time change. The Smith River Flows Public Input Meeting Time has been changed from June 9th to June 16th due to a scheduling conflict. We apologize for any inconvenience. The location and time are the same:  6:00pm  First Baptist Church of Ridgeway, 15 Church Street, Ridgeway, VA

We'll be talking about this at our SRTU meeting on Thursday, June 2nd, 6:30 @ Rania's

Al

I'm heading out on a DGIF assignment so pushing this reminder out a little early - We really need you folks to show up. As the parson said "Speak now or forever hold your peace".

DRBA Smith River Weekend Flows Public Input Meetings: The 3rd and final meeting originally scheduled for June 9th has been rescheduled for June 16th   6:00pm at the First Baptist Church of Ridgeway, 15 Church Street, Ridgeway , VA.  This is an important meeting and we urge all fishermen to attend. We are not anti-paddlers; in fact many SRTU members are paddlers themselves.  We do feel that any decisions should include input from VDGIF and the fishermen community.

In addition to showing up to voice your opinion DRBA is soliciting your input via a survey which can be found at  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PhilpottDam

Big J

Does anyone know if someone from VDGIF will be at the meeting  to represent themselves?

Al

Quote from: Big J on June 14, 2016, 07:32:12 AM
Does anyone know if someone from VDGIF will be at the meeting  to represent themselves?

Yes, VDGIF have said Region 2 lead fisheries biologist Scott Smith and Smith River biologist George Palmer will be there. I know for sure George will be there because I am going to be with him on Wed and Thurs sampling the river - he is staying over Thursday to attend the meeting.

Big J

I'm glad to hear that.  One of the major issues last meeting was no one representing VDGIF was there to call out on some of the BS that was said.  It will also cut down on the redheaded chick turning around and yelling "where is VDGIF at now, where are they?".