Starving College Students -- 2016 style...

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 17, 2016, 18:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

So my son has become a mostly vegetarian due to the high cost of meat and other social economic factors. The other day, his housemate and he made a trip into town and when the walked back there was a doe on the side of the road, still warm and bleeding but dead. After a brief discussion, they proceeded to drag the carcass home to butcher. They were stopped by two police officers who asked what they were going to do with it. When they replied that they were going to eat it, the officers nodded in approval and drove off. I don't know what time this was, but they didn't finish until 5 am.

When I visited them the other day, there was a, mostly consumed, roasted leg on the stove. I asked them what they did with the rest of the carcass, they replied that they had buried it and only after doing so realized that they could have tossed it into a dumpster.

Kids these days..... <-;:
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

Lols. My dad ate a deer that was hit in his front yard.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

overbrook

They were lucky that the cops were cool about it.

VaTrout

Quote from: overbrook on May 17, 2016, 22:54:01 PM
No kidding. A VA game warden would have busted their ass for unlawful possession of wildlife.

Dee-Vo

Recently a NC Chinese restaurant was caught with roadkill (deer) in the building. This happened very nearby to where I live several years ago as well. Didn't go over well.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: VaTrout on May 18, 2016, 05:13:10 AM
No kidding. A VA game warden would have busted their ass for unlawful possession of wildlife.

I told them all about illegal harvest and they might have been lucky as they were cops and mot game wardens
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 18, 2016, 06:23:11 AM
Quote from: VaTrout on May 18, 2016, 05:13:10 AM

I told them all about illegal harvest and they might have been lucky as they were cops and mot game wardens.

I don't think they will be doing it again any time soon.

me -There's a season?

ptfranze

Very awesome!  Learning how to survive :laugh:  y; y;

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Great job by the young man!   

Happens all the time in the VA mountains, and I've never heard of a Conservation officer, or other, not letting the driver keep the animal, if reported.

From VDGIF:
"Any person who is involved in a motor vehicle collision that kills a deer or bear is required by law to immediately report the accident to a Conservation Police Officer (Game Warden) or other law enforcement officer in the county or city where the accident occurred. The State does not pay for damages incurred from collisions with wildlife. Consult your insurance company. Drivers who collide with a deer or bear may keep the animal for their own use, provided they report the accident to a law enforcement officer where the accident occurred. The officer will view the animal and give the person a possession certificate."
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Stone-Man

At Bay's Mtn state Park near Kingsport,they have a wolf exhibit.  And a lot of their employees and other wold friendly people bring them road killed deer regularly.  Win-Win----Gets the dead deer off the road and the wolves eat their natural diet.

JT

Onslow

I'm heartened by the actions of the duo.  Many do not value natural resources, sacrifice, public service, or the privilege of being of being born in America.

Rock on!

Pansyman

They can't be real men until they eat they just-stilled heart, raw out of its steaming cavityy;
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Yallerhammer

I have eaten bumper bucks more than once.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff