News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Utility sponsored Au Sable trib restoration...

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 17, 2016, 11:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

GRAYLING, Mich.  —

Work is getting going on a utility-funded project along five miles of an Au Sable River tributary to improve trout habitat in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula.

The Mason-Griffith Founders Chapter of Trout Unlimited received a two-year, roughly $165,000 grant from the Habitat Improvement Account that is funded by Consumers Energy and administered by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.

The Trout Unlimited chapter plans to improve the fish habitat along the West Branch of Big Creek, a brook trout stream and Au Sable River tributary. Work includes adding in-water structures such as log jams along the banks and clearing or moving obstructions from the water.

In 2015, Consumers Energy says funds supported $278,000 for fisheries research, habitat improvement and stream restoration in locations around the state.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article77836307.html#storylink=cpy
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

fishhead

are there any contributions from our own Duke power to TU or other organizations to improve water in NC ? just wondering ?
Fishhead

Woolly Bugger

Duke says on their web site that they support and sponsor a lot of environmental and sustainability projects....

http://www.duke-energy.com/environment/stewardship/land-water-habitat.asp

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!