• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
December 04, 2021, 16:24:38 PM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Round 2

Started by BrookieHunter, May 12, 2016, 19:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookieHunter

After an unsuccessful mission earlier in the week I studied my maps and hatched a new route to my original target stream. After two hours of hiking, 1200' loss of elevation and a little bit of luck I finally succeeded in reaching the game land boundary and original target. Halfway in I realized I forgot the camera and the prerequisite hippie beer, so crummy cell phone picks and no beer is all I've got. The fishing was pretty good with some of the bigger holes producing several fish, not the oversize eat anything that hits the water brook trout everybody dreams of being in some of these unpressured hard to reach waters (I can't talk about where those are at 8) but the water was big enough and had enough bugs that it should have potential for at least a few 10"-12" fish in there somewhere. Those red newts were everywhere from about halfway in all the way to the bottom. It's going to be time for some lazy ass DH water next week after this weeks hike fest.     

Woolly Bugger

Everything except for the hike sounds and looks great!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Nice brookies.

Good to see ya give it another go. I like the newt. Pretty creek.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? " -Oddball, 1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Big J

You sure fish a lot, I'm jealous. 

Yallerhammer

Good deal!  'c;  The one time that I fished that, I liked everything except the hike out.

Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

ptfranze

That newt picture is really cool!  Looks like a pretty good trip

#CommissionsEarned