News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

DH report

Started by jkilday4, May 10, 2016, 13:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkilday4

Decided to hit couple of close DH streams this past week for some fun.  Enjoy!

I'd heard of folks catching smallies in this DH creek and got this one plus a rock bass...good to feel strong tug of a bronzie again.

Couldn't find many fish in this first stream; DH ended Mar 1st and truck ran week before I was there...that's my excuse and sticking to it..

Showed the gal streamer fishing at 2nd one on Sunday as water up a bit from recent rains.  Plenty of fish in this one as stringer day still a few weeks away:

Dee-Vo

I'd take the smallmouth over every stocker fish in the river. Damned stockers pestered me while smallmouth fishing earlier.

Yallerhammer

Do they stock the tigers there? That one looks like it's a little more colored up and has better fins than the brookies. Nice smallmouth, too. I enjoy flogging the stocker waters myself sometimes. Those big fat stockers can be fun on a three-weight. I usually knock the brookies and rainbows in the head and throw them on the smoker or campfire. The stocker browns don't taste very good, though.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

Gettin out and gettin it done again! Luv me some smallie action!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

JD

Love that smallmouth!

Dougfish

Gawd I hate a stooger.
But an ata boy, and girl for the efforting.  -0-
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006