News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

how was your shad season?

Started by badankles, May 18, 2006, 18:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badankles

so, how was it this year?  it was my first with a fly rod...and it wasn't very good.   :(

i didn't try as hard as some folks so can't complain, too much.  nevertheless, i live not too far from the neuse by the milbourne dam, which is where the run stops.  been out there on and off during the season, saw a couple of people pulled out one or two, tried my hand at it and got nothing.  well, pulled a couple of white bass, but no shad.

i did hook one at another dam in town (crabtree creek) late in the season. but it was a foul hook.   :-[  not sure if he made a slashed at the white/red clouser or i just got lucky.  it was about an 18" american shad.  made a couple of jumps but didn't get to the backing.

that was it for me.   :P  hope yours was better. 

i know croaker had a good 'un from all the great postings.  thanks for that.   8) ;D
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

phg

Because of low water levels, the shad season was disappointing.  I didn't even bother, although I had planned to.  I chased trout and whiting instead.  Didn't do real great there either.  So far, this summer is off to a slow start fishing wise....

croaker

badankles, had a couple a really good urns, a few fair to middlin' days and several Skunks  o-o this year in the Savannah and Ogeechee Rivers fishin' fer Shad. Even the Skunk days beat going to work. 0--0
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Bloy

Quote from: croaker on May 18, 2006, 19:23:33 PM
Even the Skunk days beat going to work.

I like a man that has his priorities in order.   8) ;D
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit