Heading back to Twin!

Started by twinbridges, March 19, 2016, 15:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

Well the day Is almost here for the spring trip back to Montana!  Leave Tuesday for twelve day  road trip sans interstates.  Looping downs south la, tx etc  and finally turn north at Marfa tx.  Two days at Chaco and one at Mesa verde and then sprint to Twin for the season!!

Snowpack looks good so far just hope for late spring!

Can not wait to get back on the Big Hole!

Woolly Bugger

@Rhody tells me we are going to take a road trip and visit this spring! d:b
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

twinbridges

Well, I think you should!  Snowpack is looking good so far.  Just arrived Twin today after 10 day camp/road trip with my 5 month old black mouth cur hound dog puppy!  She road like a champ and in the eve, she got got into the roof top tent and slept 9 hours! 

3486 miles through NC! Sc,ga,al,ms,la,tx, nm, ut, id., and Montana!  Great trip exploring America sans interstates!  Chaco was great.

And now getting ready for some fishing!!

twinbridges

Got back, went high of the Big Hole due to colored water, Rhody, East Bank to Jerry Creek.  Caught 8 nice trout with wind at our backs.  Not as good as Rhody and I did but with more water not nearly as damn noisy!

Then with everything colored up over to the Madison.  Varney to Town.  About the same results but incredibly beautiful day on the river.

Waiting now for the rivers to settle.  Snow pack looks great.

Caddis are swarming on the bridge over the Beaverhead in Twin.  My puppy is trying to eat them all!  Fat chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twinbridges

It is Spring !  Big Hole on the rise but folks fishing it.  Have not. Got he report of how it is going yet.  Beaverhead low,  push boats, wade down to holes and catch em.  Madison ok.

This may be the big runoff, but we are adding snow to the mountains!  It will be what it will be.  Raining now in the valley, snow in the mountains.  More wet is good!

Woolly Bugger

Big snow pack is grand news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

twinbridges

Some guide boats been fishing in chilly showerery conditions.  River rising which never helps and a few fish being caught but not the spring bonanza yet!  Have not heard of any skawlas yet but should be soon..

Rhody

been listening to bozeman radio station at work this am, and was thinking about it being cold and raining out freshen today and wondered when runoff and them big bugs were coming
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

twinbridges

Well, we are set for a significant warming up next week.  If the rivers can settle a bit before then it might be skawla time.  It was great last year and lasted a while.  Or the rivers could just keep going with the warm air. 

My bullshit prognosis is they get bigger next week, settle the following and fish great thereafter.  And that leads me to the big boys showing up early June with rivers in great condition.  Dreaming and singing!!

But the cool wet weather is great and snowpack looks good so far.

twinbridges

Fished the Big Hole today from up high, East Bank to Jerry creek as lower river is blown out.  Left Twin with ligh rain and when we God to east bank it was 36 and falling with howling winds.l

I put every thing on in my boat bag and it was barely enough.  While we were waiting for the guides to get rigged I told them " this is when the sport tells the guide, "I will give you $500 to take me fishing and $800 to take me home!  And then of course said "hell, let's go fishing.

It was not great as the river is rising, but managed 3 Brooke trout and a very nice 21" brown trout.  and then the snow got really serious and colder and for the last hour we pushed To the takeout.

Typical Montana Spring fishing, beautiful one day and not so much the next.

twinbridges

I would post a pic but forgot how on tapatalk

twinbridges

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dougfish

-0-
Spring out west? Crap shoot.  'c;
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

Damn. That's neat. Thanks for the glimpse into a different realm.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: twinbridges on May 09, 2016, 19:24:49 PM
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Makes it totally worth it!
me -There's a season?