News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Security feature in Microsoft's new Windows could drive users nuts

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 17, 2006, 08:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

COULD? What Microsoft Software COULD drive users nuts..???

You've got to be kidding me.....How about this headline instead? "Microsoft's new Windows Security Features are guaranteed to drive you nuts!"

SEATTLE — An annoying surprise awaits 2 million consumers expected to enthusiastically step forward in the next few weeks to help Microsoft test its new Windows Vista PC operating system.

Volunteers will test Vista Beta 2, a near-final version of the much-hyped upgrade of Windows. The testing is the last step leading up to Vista's broad consumer release, scheduled for January.

Beta 2 testers can expect to encounter an obtrusive security feature, called User Account Control (UAC). Designed to prevent intruders from performing harmful tasks, the feature grays out the computer screen, then prods you to confirm that you really want to do certain functions.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2006-05-15-vista-security_x.htm?POE=TECISVA
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

tw5270

Wow! What a stupid upgrade...Windows needs the security update, but the UAC sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

phg

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

red-haired-boy

Reason number 328 to BUY A MAC! or atleast switch to Firefox