SRTU River Clean Up 4-2-16 (Need help)

Started by Al, March 12, 2016, 22:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Smith River Trout Unlimited (SRTU) is calling on all members, fishermen and civic minded volunteers to help with our annual Smith River Cleanup on Saturday, April 2, 2016.  We will meet at 8:30 am at the Trent Hill Canoe Ramp,  Bassett VA (Beside burned out furniture factory), for instructions and then move to Papa's Pizza and beyond. We hope to clean downstream to the bridge by Jeff's Auto Parts.  This is a good time to bring your friends, neighbors and anyone else who loves the river and hates litter. We can all help make a difference, one garbage bag full at a time. 

We will have "SRTU River Clean Up" directional signs at major road junctions. Participants should to bring gloves, hats, sunscreen and a canoe, Jon boat or kayak (if you have one).  We will provide water and plastic bags. Wear waders if you are willing to get in the water.  All trash will be consolidated for eventual pick up at the Trent Hill Canoe Ramp. The cleanup with be over at 1:00 pm. Lunch will be provided by SRTU once everyone is accounted for. Bring your rod if you want to go fishing with a knowledgeable "Smith River Regular" afterwards.

For more information contact SRTU President  Doug Jessie at 549-874-6560 or SRTU Secretary Al Kittredge at 910-624-3457

Al

Another reminder.  Bring your friends - we need all the help we can get on this one.

driver

I wish i could make it. I much rather wade around and pick up trash than goto a wedding.

Al

Quote from: driver on March 26, 2016, 11:01:53 AM
I wish i could make it. I much rather wade around and pick up trash than goto a wedding.

Talk to the bride and groom or the parents who are probably footing the bill - maybe a change of venue?

Just think of the story line - it would make national news. I can see it now - photos of the wedding party in front of a big pile of bulging orange trash bags.

Dougfish

POSTPONED!

Too much damn water below that dam. 640 cfs at Bassett.
We will re-schedule when we/COE has a better fix on the fix.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006