SRTU Meeting 3-3-16

Started by Al, February 19, 2016, 16:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Smith River Trout Unlimited (SRTU) will host a meeting March 3, 6:30 p.m., (new location) at Papa's Pizza, 4288 Fairystone Park Highway, Bassett, VA.  Meet Landon Foley, Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Conservation Police Officer, and learn about volunteer opportunities from Bryan Pollard of the DGIF Complementary Work Force.

Meetings also feature a "swap shop"  set up in the back of the room. Bring what you want to sell or trade. Slap your name and a price on it and recycle the stuff you don't use or need. Look around for those "it was a good idea at the time" purchases you made but now reside in the back of your closet or garage. We always have several  items ready for new owners.  Be ready to haggle. Bring some extra cash and walk away with some neat "I need one of those" items!

You do not have to be a member of TU to attend our meetings.(You must be a member in order to vote on chapter business).   Anyone who has an interest in the Smith River Fishery is encouraged to attend.

For more information contact SRTU President  Doug Jessie at 549-874-6560 or SRTU Secretary Al Kittredge at 910-624-3457

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutfanatic

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 19, 2016, 17:11:05 PM
Good deal, I like papa's

And they sell beer.

not that I ever had to sleep one off in the mirror plant parking area or anything...

Al

We have one addition the line up - Philpott Operations Manager Craig (Rocky) Rockwell plans to attend and has offered to let us know about work going on at the dam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smith River Trout Unlimited (SRTU) will host a meeting Thursday, March 3, 6:30 p.m., (new location) at Papa's Pizza, 4288 Fairystone Park Highway, Bassett, VA.  Meet Landon Foley, Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Conservation Police Officer, and learn about volunteer opportunities from Bryan Pollard of the DGIF Complementary Work Force.

Meetings also feature a "swap shop"  set up in the back of the room. Bring what you want to sell or trade. Slap your name and a price on it and recycle the stuff you don't use or need. Look around for those "it was a good idea at the time" purchases you made but now reside in the back of your closet or garage. We always have several  items ready for new owners.  Be ready to haggle. Bring some extra cash and walk away with some neat "I need one of those" items!

You do not have to be a member of TU to attend our meetings.(You must be a member in order to vote on chapter business).   Anyone who has an interest in the Smith River Fishery is encouraged to attend.

For more information contact SRTU President  Doug Jessie at 549-874-6560 or SRTU Secretary Al Kittredge at 910-624-3457

driver

What did Rocky have to say?

driver

Dougfish

Al will get the minutes up when he can.

Let's just say we have work to do, my friends. And it has started. More, later.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: driver on March 04, 2016, 12:08:52 PM
What did Rocky have to say?

1. There is a lot of water in the lake
2. the guys that record the phone message are located at Kerr, thus the South Boston accent
3. His primary function is to report to Dominion how much water is available for generation
4. He was one of many in attendance in the meetings which created the weekend rec. flows
5. the dam's OG is 11 feet above current levels
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

troutfanatic

SNAFU.

I shall write my good buddy Terry McAuliffe and say, WTF dude?