As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2016 Warm Water

Started by Dee-Vo, January 31, 2016, 16:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRIFTS

l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

DRIFTS

Got an early startGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
caught up with Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
raided the brew threwGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Dropped the boat and ran the frig'n shuttle Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
what the hell...Phill said "take it!"Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
caught me a river donkey...man what a ride!!!Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Phill sort'n shit outGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
nice bassGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
small bassGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
off just as a storm blowing up our ass...then had to deal with the take out...thank God for the winch

DRIFTS

driver

Im going to do that float this year. Strippers should be there soon.

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Woolly Bugger

Hell yes!

[attach=1]
fixed

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

ptfranze

Local Orvis shop set up an event they called Shadfest, to introduce people to the Shad run in Raleigh.  I had never fished with Shad so I was intrigued and went to their intro event, fly tying night, half day fishing saturday and full day sunday. 

Pretty good setup at the intro event they had free Sweetwater beer and wild game hor d'oeurves (buffalo meatballs, smoked salmon, bacon wrapped chukar)  Fly tying night they had free beer and that turned into one person trying to teach 30 to tie.  So I ended up working with 5 or so people helping them tie clousers and shad darts.  Saturday and Sunday we headed out to Milbournie Dam to try our luck on shad.

Saturday didn't have a ton of luck managed one shad, but it was fun.  Orvis brought out 3 boats to try and help people get on the fish.

Sunday we got out there at 9 and fished until about 1.  They were staying later but my wife and I had some errands to run.  No free beer this time but they did provide  Smithfield's fried chicken and hush puppies.  Managed 5 shad and a good size white bass, and a tiny minnow I didn't realize was on until I couldn't cast right a few times in a row.  Pretty fun weekend of fishing and I will never complain about free beer and food.

driver

ptfranze

Quote from: driver on March 14, 2016, 08:06:06 AM
All gizzard's?

Yeah all I got was Gizzards, from the boats on Saturday they did manage one Hickory and one American.  I think it is pretty early in the run still, I plan on going back a little further into the run to try and hook up with some big Americans. 

Dee-Vo

Nice redhorse. All you fellas did some good work this weekend.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: ptfranze on March 14, 2016, 07:49:06 AM

Pretty good setup at the intro event they had free Sweetwater beer and wild game hor d'oeurves (buffalo meatballs, smoked salmon, bacon wrapped chukar)  Fly tying night they had free beer and that turned into one person trying to teach 30 to tie. 

How come we're jus hearing about this event AFTER THE FACT!!!

I like free beer!!!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

ptfranze

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 14, 2016, 09:37:24 AM
Quote from: ptfranze on March 14, 2016, 07:49:06 AM

Pretty good setup at the intro event they had free Sweetwater beer and wild game hor d'oeurves (buffalo meatballs, smoked salmon, bacon wrapped chukar)  Fly tying night they had free beer and that turned into one person trying to teach 30 to tie. 

How come we're jus hearing about this event AFTER THE FACT!!!

I like free beer!!!

I do apologize but figured you wouldn't want to drive up to Raleigh to hang with the Whorvis guys just to get it.   0:0

Woolly Bugger

Now that it's daylight savings time, I could see running up there in the afternoon and fishing till darkish! I might even pack the toon for some floatage! Love me some   anadromous fishes!
me -There's a season?

driver

we could always goto Weldon. My trolling motor is fucked at the moment, but parts are on the way

ptfranze

White bass run is starting up, you should come up for that