Main Menu

Newb ???s

Started by NotsoroyalWulff, January 12, 2016, 18:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da Heisenberg

Another one.

http://www.flyfishingnc.com/trout-streams-maps

shit opens in google maps.

Just a recommendation if you are a gear fishing convert... don't take it as a back up. force yourself to learn the flyrood.

Look for a book called the Curtis Creek Manifesto.

Side note I am completely and utterly impressed by this thread. People actually tried to help rather than harass the dude.

NotsoroyalWulff

That's definitely the plan. Fly only. And thanks for that book btw. That's exactly what I've been wanting to find. I have everything I need to get started. I'm sure I'll need to divert college fund money for gear soon enough but I can't wait to get up there. I love being in the middle of nowhere. Down east the dismal or the Roanoke refuge are about the only two places left and the Mosquitos in there rape turkeys.

RiverbumCO

Living in wilson i wouldnt even consider a trout.  Get an 8 wt and get busy.  The salt marsh is jon boatable, can be had cheap.  Largemouth abound near you, plus striped fish and shaddnasty.  Bowfin is a nice option to have.  Screw a trout if you have to drive 5 hours.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

NotsoroyalWulff

Ha!! Lot of truth in all that. I guess it's the whole I've done that thing. I've caught bass till my fingers bled, and my family was lucky enough to buy a house at the beach when you still could so I've spent whole summers catching everything from trout, drum, and flounder, to mahi, wahoo, grouper, and most everything in between. I've had a GREAT fishing life. My wife and step son love the mountains too, so most of my opportunities will be one day out of a family trip.  But it's just an itch I've been wanting to scratch since my sister started App five years ago.

Pansyman

Is your sister HOT? V:; and she fishes...... 'c;

post a pic and you'll get 25 bonus thread points.
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

RiverbumCO

In all seriousness, you posting pics of this storybook fishing career is more important than anything else in life.

That includes your dog.

NotsoroyalWulff

Half sister. Yeah. She's hot. I'll have to find a good pic. Loves to fish. Will go hunting. And she'll steal your nuts in the dead of night and you'll never see them again. I swear, I did the psycho big brother thing a while, but I started feeling bad for her boyfriends. Poor bastards....

I'll have to gather pics. i have a ton of great 35mm but there's digitals too, they're just on like 18 devices. I need a cloud worse than terrible.

RiverbumCO

A little psuedo-incest really revs this crew's engine if you know what i mean.

You sick fuck.

NotsoroyalWulff

Oh nay nay says the camel. No incest. I need to find someone to pawn her off on before she breaks my dad. I need my fishing buddy back. I haven't seen his ass since her freshman year.

RiverbumCO

Sounds like a Rutherford County love story if ive ever heard one.

I kid. 

But really, pics of her and her friends is acceptable here.  Even JFey approves, and hes a gay.

NotsoroyalWulff

I thought it was more of a Johnston county thing. And I'll get my brother in law in there with her. He's gay. And I need to pawn him off too.

revfox

Why would you go all the way to Pisgah other run feeling romantic about your childhood? Start with something closer. Less than 3 hours to DH water on the Mitchell, Stone Mtn, etc. and if it ever stops raining the Smith (not easy by any means) is even closer. Get your feet wet on some easy stocked water before making the big trek 5 hours West.

NotsoroyalWulff

Honestly, the only reason is the amount of info I can get first person from my dad and uncle. My uncle still goes a couple times a year and to most of the same areas. But I've absolutely been looking around grandfather/Valle crucius, which I can do in just under 4. I've considered south mountain state park as well. It's supposed to be decent fishing, but very crowded. I'm self employed, so weekday trips will hopefully help some with crowding. The pisgah thing will be a multiple day, camping thing like Juneish. I'll try closer waters before then. And I'm open to suggestions......  :D

NotsoroyalWulff

Oh. And I drive to Kentucky twice a year to see in laws, and a little detour never hurt anyone. I think that's kinda the issue. I've been deep in the mountains 6 times in the last ten months, never with a fly rod. Something's gotta give. Biltmore and yogi make luke a dull boy.

RiverbumCO

Thers about 6 of us real close to the ditchell, but we ain't buying beer.