News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

"Trout Fishing in America" - The Band and Treehouses

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 14, 2006, 10:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Yeah I know this isn't about fishing and it's not about Richard Brautigan's Book "Trout Fishing in America"

QuoteOBSESSION, like inspiration, comes unbidden and has a habit of latching on. For Ezra Idlet, it struck in Kansas City, between the sound check and the show.

Mr. Idlet, half of a quirky folk-rock duo called Trout Fishing in America, was killing time in a bookstore eight years ago when he picked up the coffee-table book "Treehouses: The Art and Craft of Living Out on a Limb," by Peter Nelson (Houghton Mifflin, 1994). The book, with its gorgeous photos of houses produced by wild flights of imagination, resonated with him. He had never built anything bigger than the woodshed behind his house, but thanks to the diagrams and drawings in the book, "It just looked like it was possible," he said. "I thought, well, yeah!"
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/11/garden/11tree.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

richard bernabe

I heard a song on WNCW a few years back called "Alberta Postcard."  I loved the word imagery of a place I love - the Canadian Rockies, plus it was a cool tune. I waited to hear the name of the group - and when they said, Trout Fishing in America, why I knew I had to go out and get the CD.

Overall, not bad...  kinda folksy, quirky, but fun.

Shane

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!