News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

What else could go wrong?

Started by driver, December 13, 2015, 22:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

After reading some reports that Albies were still hanging around, and a beautiful forecast in sight I decided to grab Franzie for a last minute, last chance albie run. And what the fuck did we get our selves into...

To start I was going to pick up Franzie at 05:30. The alarm never went off and I woke to a text from him at 05:15. Got there at 6:30.

After launching the boat and going out the inlet we realized we forgot our lunch.

First cast yielded a good 10lb fish.. Franzie got broke off. Handed him my rod, and he got caught in the trawler's net, I grabbed it to break it off and there went 3/4 of my full sink. After that we improvised and made some full sink lines out of some T15 and a peice of an old full sink.

Caught several more fish then it slowed. Listened to the Panthers destroy the Falcons. Then caught some more.

Then we almost got the boat pulled under when the prop got caught in a trawler rope and the net was on it way down. The top of the transom was under water  :o :o Lost a chunk of finger in the process as well...

Didn't find anymore albies after that.  And headed in.

Didn't take many photos either.. i feel like i'm leaving out another mishap as well.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

If we didn't catch fish it would have been a shitty day. But the fish made everything seem rather funny.

Al

A fishing report with a whole new twist  'c; 'c; 'c;   Glad it turned out ok - damn lucky you didn't get pulled under by that trawlers net.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

flatlander

I'm thinking Capt Dump hates your ass.  Glad you guys survived.

Transylwader

I was fishing in FL a couple years ago, mate needed to take a dump. Two massive cobias devoured his three or so browns. Can't replicate that. Glad you'ins gittin it done. Bravo /'/

flatlander

Were bananas involved in all of this?

driver

No bananas.. i fear it would have been worse if there  were

And capt dump was not the one we got caught behind. It was actually Capt James II. Which i should give a shout out to. The crew was awesome. Pointing out fish and chumming the up for us. It was totaly my fault for not backing off further when they put their nets out.

Patrick should have another photo dump coing soon

Dee-Vo

Damn. That could've been much worse. I'm glad it wasn't.

Nice fish. I've yet to ever fish the salt on the fly, period.  'c;

ptfranze

Dee-Vo

NCsporksman

next time you guys almost die can we at least get a gopro on that shit, cool thanks  V:;

Michael Toris

Jfey

F yea.  Glad your bote didn't sink.
Yup, going fishing

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.