News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Go ahead, I'm sure I've been called worse.

Started by AAGoldsmith, December 10, 2015, 08:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Quote from: troutfanatic on December 14, 2015, 11:13:32 AM
Holy shit Jacob, bored today?

I just thought that statement coming from the man who has dropped more stream names on this board then all of the people on here combined to be just that hilarious. I was literally dying laughing. His comment was way funnier then all of pansymans jokes. Mike should create a new joke thread and add that comment as the first joke.

AAGoldsmith

Quote from: Transylwader on December 14, 2015, 11:15:34 AM
Quote from: AAGoldsmith on December 14, 2015, 11:07:43 AM
BTW, I'll be up in Shining Rock the week of Christmas getting my blueline skills sharp, anyone want's to meet up just holler at me!
Hmmm...I'll be up that way between Christmas and New Years, fukkin Biltmore visit gonna break my bank account...
Fuck Biltmore, waste of money. I'll be up the 20th, probably headin out all day Monday, possibly camping and heading back to Hendo Tuesday.
If only I knew what I was getting into

benben reincarnated

Quote from: AAGoldsmith on December 14, 2015, 11:24:51 AM
I'll be up the 20th, probably headin out all day Monday, possibly camping and heading back to Hendo Tuesday.

You might want to keep any eye on the weather forecast.  Monday may be nicer, but fish will all but be comatose at high elevations after this weekend.

Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
Sunday Sunny, with a high near 42.

AAGoldsmith

Quote from: benben on December 14, 2015, 11:35:22 AM
Quote from: AAGoldsmith on December 14, 2015, 11:24:51 AM
I'll be up the 20th, probably headin out all day Monday, possibly camping and heading back to Hendo Tuesday.

You might want to keep any eye on the weather forecast.  Monday may be nicer, but fish will all but be comatose at high elevations after this weekend.

Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
Sunday Sunny, with a high near 42.
YEah I was worried about that, but I don't have much of a choice as that's the only time I can get up there in the near future. I'll take a fishless day drinking on the stream over being in Raleigh any day of the week though.

Transylwader

Quote from: AAGoldsmith on December 14, 2015, 11:37:21 AM
I'll take a fishless day drinking on the stream over being in Raleigh any day of the week though.
^this.
Those fuckers gotto eat, scouring the bottom of large pools with a chinese trawler rig will dredge up the goods. I hate doing it, but in these circumstances, it's about the only way to get a fly down to these punes.

AAGoldsmith

I'm not above throwing double rig tungsten beadheads if I can't get deep enough (in the bedroom too). Shit, I've been known to  :o put on splitshot... I like catching fish if they are there more than purist fishing and missing.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Transylwader on December 14, 2015, 11:42:43 AM
Quote from: AAGoldsmith on December 14, 2015, 11:37:21 AM
I'll take a fishless day drinking on the stream over being in Raleigh any day of the week though.
^this.
Those fuckers gotto eat, scouring the bottom of large pools with a nightcrawler rig will dredge up the goods. I hate doing it, but in these circumstances, it's about the only way to get a fly down to these punes.

Yep, that works fine in the winter.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Trout Maharishi

Girdle bug with tungsten cone head and 28 wraps of .30 lead wire won't help if the temps Ben posted hold up. Make a back up plan for some lower elevations stuff. Plenty in that area. Look for lower elevation W or SW late afternoon sun exposure. Did I understand you to say you were a Marine?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

AAGoldsmith

I'll take that advice, had a backup plan in place for lower elevation streams ready to go! Yes, I am a Marine.