Hide your post from newbs (pink weenies)

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 05, 2015, 17:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

I'm just pointing out that some bullshit postings isn't going to do anything but take up space.

Want quality? More tRs, insight, more knowledgable members to argue with about various topics?

Or just more members to look at shit and not post anymore after the minimum count?

Is it worth it to us to discuss in depth? Is it worth it to them to do anything at all to gain more access?

Time will tell, I suppose.

Dee-Vo

Woolly Bugger

We will see and if they post bs it will be deleted thereby lowering post count
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

I've got a couple of restrictive mods to play around with before finalizing newb protocol
me -There's a season?

Onslow

Quote from: troutfanatic on December 06, 2015, 15:41:38 PM
The more I think about it, A TR requirement is dumb. Many people who we know actually fish don't do TRs but they tend to be seen on other people's reports

Dem stingy dickheads need then to lower their standards and post some shit. 

Trout Maharishi

I always use to ask new members if they had any naked photos of their wives, girlfriends, sisters, mothers, aunts, neighbors, grandmothers, or daughters. Did I leave anyone out? The highest compliment for a post on here at one time was "you suck"! That went OK for a few years but I remember someone who took great offense at the you suck compliment; despite the fact that I told them I was sorry and tried to explain the tradition to them. I even invited them to go fishing and said I'd buy the beer. Also the secrecy of most trip report post, lack of a stream names, general location, even the type of fly used makes most trip reports just some pretty photos to look at. TF is right, this place isn't for everyone. I give out a ration of shit to some, but very rarely mean any harm or actually have any real dislike for the person. I am just expressing my difference of opinion with a little salt rubbed into the wound if I can. I know for the most part my opinion is not taken very seriously by some, and even laughed at by some. That's OK though I'm laughing at your dumb shit too. Don't get to feeling too warm and fuzzy though. Some of you are actually are assholes. :D Most of the time I think both of these conditions are caused by differences in age, early family life, regional location, life experiences,  political affiliation, education, sexual preference, religious beliefs etc, not an actual dislike for the person that you don't know other then a screen persona you see on here. If I'm wrong about that, I feel sorry for you. Keep it the way it was, don't worry about lurkers, just make them sign up to see the 4-6 inch brooke trout, rainbows, and fancy beer and sandwich photos.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: steelrain202 on December 06, 2015, 18:44:37 PM
No I am pretty sure it's dislike. Like I would dislike to piss on that person if they were on fire. I'd rather watch them bubble away in their own body fat
SR- yea you're probably right, but notice I did say some of you actually are assholes.

TF- I haven't posted a trip report in a while. Some of the reasons are the very stuff we are talking about here. Plus why should I give any info to the lurkers? Anybody that's my friend knows I'll take them or tell them anything they want to know, send them some flies to catch the fish with, and buy some decent beer to drink and a bucket of chicken if we go.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

There is a difference in you can be an asshole and you are an asshole 8)
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Yea, I have some authority issues. Military didn't do that to me I had them long before that. Very succinct observations about the acceptance thing. I still attribute some of that to some of the other issues I already mentioned. Age and life experience teaches us who have been around for a while how to handle those issues. How well we do it depends on another whole set of variables.
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: steelrain202 on December 06, 2015, 19:27:10 PM
TM your yaks are hungry. Ya ya I know they're scottish highland cattle so damn what. Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I'm gonna bring one up to the Bear bake next year. We can all have sex with it then kill it and grill it. You may never go back; to eating beef that is,  just to be clear. ;D
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: troutfanatic on December 06, 2015, 19:47:46 PM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on December 06, 2015, 19:37:11 PM
Quote from: steelrain202 on December 06, 2015, 19:27:10 PM
TM your yaks are hungry. Ya ya I know they're scottish highland cattle so damn what. Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I'm gonna bring one up to the Bear bake next year. We can all have sex with it then kill it and grill it. You may never go back; to eating beef that is,  just be be clear. ;D

That sounds rather...
Islamic
Oh no, yak pussy is much better than goat, donkey, or camel pussy. Plus they taste much better. The only large domesticated animal that taste anywhere near as good as they do is Bison, and they are just ornery to handle.
― Charles Bukowski

Rhody

I'm proud to say I have fished with TM in my boat, and I am one of those who you see around in pics but doesn't post much these daze, and I have some extreme authority issues, blah, blah and I'm still around enjoying shit like pimp's Alaskan adventure, it kinda makes a point,

and TM , I could tell a tale on you about giving flies to people to let them know about the "real you" , but I ain't , and I laugh thinking about what most would think if they know much about you....
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Transylwader

What I wanna know if when Overboard is gin send me poppers before we sell El ranchero. I want to stick that beaver sized bass in it's glory next Spring.
You can't replicate the shit Tom makes. Shit can't even be bought.
I tried to 5 finger discount a few odds n ends out of Maharishi's "free candy van" whilst volunteering at the Peckerman Center several years ago. Alas, the fucker has a built in sniffer dog to suss out a dodgy Saffa Vindaloo. Bastages, the lot of ya n!n