News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

In Remote Chile, a Paradise Carved by White Water

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 10, 2006, 06:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Okay the article is mostly abut whitewater rafting but and the fishing for 6 pound trout is using spinners, but wouldn't we all like to go...

I'm gonna start a raffle, everybody send in $5,000 and the lucky winner will get to go with ME!!! lol.....

QuoteThe white-water outfitter Eric Hertz spent a lifetime searching for the perfect river. In 1990, he finally found it, in Patagonia.

Intrepid kayakers who had ventured into southern Chile the previous year said that the FutaleufĂș River could not be rafted. But Hertz and his partner, the Chilean white-water expert Roberto Currie, made an expeditionary first descent in 1993 and figured out how to safely navigate what today is the most intensive stretch of commercially rafted white-water rapids in the world.

They began buying the shoreline, including the river's most desirable campsites and hiking spots, and have turned the Fu into an outstanding adventure destination for rafters and kayakers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/09/sports/othersports/09outdoors.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

natureboy

I got bored the other day and started pricing a DIY trip to Patagonia Chile/Argentina....I was up to about $1300 not counting lodging or food.  Anybody up for a little adventure?