What's Happening With The Smith River Trout Fishery? SRTU 12-3-15

Started by Al, November 12, 2015, 08:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

What's Happening With The Smith River Trout Fishery?

George Palmer and Scott Smith, fisheries biologists with the Virginia Department Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF) will summarize the latest studies concerning the health of the Smith River Trout Fishery on Thursday, December 3, 2015, 6:30 pm at Rania's Restaurant in uptown Martinsville. The Smith River trout fishery extends thirty-one miles from the base of Philpott Dam downstream past Martinsville to the Mitchell Bridge. This past summer DGIF, assisted by SRTU, did extensive sampling of the lower river - I expect we will hear some observations about that. This would also be a good time to ask what effect the recent high water and sporadic generation may have on both the upper and lower river.

This presentation is hosted by Smith River Trout Unlimited (SRTU) and is open to the public.

This is a SRTU regularly scheduled meeting and will include reports and summaries of chapter activities during the past year. There will also be elections for 2016 leadership positions. .

Al

Bumping this to the top -  Come see latest from the Smith. Should be a good meeting.

driver

Crap. I knew there was something I was supposed to do tonight. Look forward to the minutes.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: driver on December 03, 2015, 21:08:12 PM
Crap. I knew there was something I was supposed to do tonight. Look forward to the minutes.

George, the biologist, says they are going to stock the river with musky to take care of the trout problem!

;-)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Al on December 04, 2015, 11:48:47 AM
Quote from: Dougfish on December 03, 2015, 21:43:30 PM
What minutes?  ;D

Yep, if you wasn't there you missed it.  :laugh:

I bet if we sent a leggy, mammary endowed reporter to fetch the minutes, then we could get the true results, and likely even some secrets.  She doesn't even need to be attractive.  Al, we all know your kryptonite.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Native Fisher

driver