As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fall 2015 Fly Swap

Started by themidge, November 09, 2015, 14:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themidge

Let's do dis.

I'll be the point man.

Let's stick to trout flies, ideally your best small stream brookie fly. Dry, wet hackle, weenie, Panther Martin spinner knock-off, hell anything.

Here's the timeline:

State you interest by replying on this thread and filling out the below survey by 12 noon Nov. 16th.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2WYDVW8

I'll keep a running tab of those who have committed on the thread.

On Nov. 17th we'll know for sure how many people we have, thus how many flies to tie - if not many, we'll tie double and e'erbody gets 2 of each. Or we could do that anyway.

Mail the flies to me on or before Dec. 9th. with a self addressed stamped envelope. I will then promptly disperse flies back to those in order to have them the week of Dec. 14th.

Go.

Participating:

1. themidge - Fancy Doc's Cork.
2. teachrtec - Sulfur
3. the_sculpinator - ??
4. Dougfish - Woven Stonefly
5. Woolly Bugger - ??
6. Driver - Driver Nymph

themidge

I'm tying my Fancy Doc's Cork.

Transylwader

Dude, you need to post up an intro on the Drake...

themidge

Quote from: Transylwader on November 09, 2015, 14:49:10 PM
Dude, you need to post up an intro on the Drake...

I lurk on those boards. Even have the same username. Registered for 4-5 years. One of these days I will. It'll either be really cool, or really weird.

I'm going to do my best to ask you to participate in this here fly swap in my best Tranny impersonation:

yo Saffa you gon tri 2 tie sum fries for the fri swamp? No trout bros but VAgina is where u gon haff 2 send ur fries so git git git over it.  <-;: <-;: n!n :;!

Transylwader

Nah, when I see talent, I point it out. So don't drag your dick on this. The Drake is waiting...
I ain't tied any fries for a while. I stole half of Sporks shit yesterday, so I am good for a few weeks.

Transylwader

Fukkin A. I see the love fest continueth

themidge

Quote from: Transylwader on November 09, 2015, 15:11:56 PM
Nah, when I see talent, I point it out. So don't drag your dick on this. The Drake is waiting...
I ain't tied any fries for a while. I stole half of Sporks shit yesterday, so I am good for a few weeks.

I haz no talent. I'm just a country boy trapped in this city.

Da Heisenberg

I might be interested in a swap if you get some people that are serious.

teachrtec

I would like to participate if you all will have me. I'll tie a simple sulfur. Really reliable brookie fly.
Brad  8)

themidge

Quote from: the_sculpinator on November 09, 2015, 19:39:43 PM
I might be interested in a swap if you get some people that are serious.

You're in. Let me know what you're tying.

themidge

Quote from: teachrtec on November 09, 2015, 20:36:01 PM
I would like to participate if you all will have me. I'll tie a simple sulfur. Really reliable brookie fly.

You're in, too. Will add you to the list. Both you and Sculpinator fill out the form in the original post.

themidge

Come on gents, post up behind the tying bench and let's make this place somewhat of substance. We need at least one pink weenie, whoever has the best recipe, post up. I'll fish the hell out of it. Or get it stuck in a tree limb.

driver

I looked at my bench tonight and cringed.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

BRFFF

I'm in don't know what I'll tie yet

Dougfish

My bench is cringe worthy, also.
WTF, I'm in. But no way in fuck will we make the timeline.
Not this crowd.