News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Albies and Such

Started by driver, November 02, 2015, 09:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

Last week, as most of you know I went out for albies by myself since none of you jackasses wanted go. Well it was good you didn't.. Only caught a few blues.  Wind blew hard on Sat, Sun was calm. I did find some fish surfacing Sunday morning but couldn't get on em before they would go down. Then a while later found a group of boats where they had just come up, but nothing was happening when I arrived, ran into a guy I know and he said they caught 6 out of that pod... b'; Called it and went home

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Wasn't planning on going this weekend. Weather reports were showing for bad wind and rain. That report changed Friday to, light wind and chance of rain. But the fishing reports had been dismal. The well know guides have been having trouble catching. We were considering going to the Smith instead. But with Philpott running water all weekend, we decided to take the chance for albies.

Slow start, didn't find any albies when we arrived, but found tons, and tons, of small blues destroying bait. So we  got the skunk off with several dozen of those. Got tired of that and rode around looking for albies. Couldn't find any, so we went back to the blues since there was lots of bait there. Rode around the blues looking for albies mixed in. Did see a few, but couldn't get anything to them. Then one surfaced beside the boat with my line in the water. Drag went screaming, rod tip snapped, and nail knot slipped off the line.  I was pissed thinking this was probably my only chance. The bait disappeared and a big rain cloud was coming, so we made a 12 mile run to a different spot to avoid the rain and try out luck there. It was a good choice. Rain was avoided and birds found. A few would break the surface here and there but nothing concentrated. I decided to we should just lay our lines outs and drift a bit. Maybe a minute later Patrick's rod goes screaming. Beast albie in do bote! We then proceeded to catch a few more before calling it!

did break the camera out much, so not many pic to show for..

ptfranze

We didn't take a ton of pictures so I will add what is not a repeat.  Jason pretty much covered the day.  Great day on the water and that was my first albie  d:b.  I had hooked some last year but didn't land any.  Those fish have some crazy power. 

Transylwader

Your bastardoz! Excellence. I spent my weekend looking at houses in Transylvania and Madison Co. Who knew house shopping would be so fukkin difficult. Decisions decisions :-\

Michael Toris

Hell of a lot better than we did.

Aka

Nice...the envy is strong.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

Dougfish

Jfey

Nice feeshes.   They look a little bigger than normal.     V:;
Yup, going fishing

driver

Yeah these were definitely the larger variety. Pulled like it to

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dylar on November 05, 2015, 15:21:55 PM
Now that was nice shit.  How did I miss this report?

Cause you was over in eastbumfuck

jis observ'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

May have an open seat if I go Saturday, if anyone is interested. May be a little rough but not to bad. Those that get sea sick need not apply. The reports have gotten better as well.

ptfranze

They had some great reports today and even saw some humpback whales destroying bait in 30 ft of water

Transylwader

Quote from: driver on November 05, 2015, 17:43:46 PM
May have an open seat if I go Saturday, if anyone is interested. May be a little rough but not to bad. Those that get sea sick need not apply. The reports have gotten better as well.
I keep telling ya. Goldie got this shit on speed dial. Sea sickness is for bro surfers. When the waves get big, they be bailing. Pussies

driver