News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The "C" Word!

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 08, 2006, 05:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Conserve

Not everybody, however, views conservation as such a taboo topic. The cantankerous Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa has made repeat appearances on CNBC this week to bark out a stern conservation message. "If everyone cut back their driving by 3% we'd have gasoline coming out of our ears!" he told viewers. But he's one of the few lawmakers willing to publicly encourage cutting back. The President's four-point plan to reduce gas prices includes no mention of encouraging personal conservation — even though he has in the past pushed measures that create incentives to do so like giving tax breaks for making energy conserving home improvements. And at Bush's meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday, "everybody listened to everyone else and then we left," says Democratic Senator Jeff Bingaman, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources committee, but "the meeting was inconclusive in that we didn't leave with any kind of action agenda,"

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1191252,00.html?cnn=yes

How about LEADERSHIP!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

teachrtec

Most things have simple solutions.

Brad  8)
Brad  8)

troutjedi

The government and the oil companies' reasons for the high gasoline prices always comes back around to supply and demand.......demand is high, therefore supply is lower, therefore prices are higher.  WELL.....stop using so damn much oil!!!  Seems Americans aren't always willing to sacrifice when it comes to consumption???  If you don't need an SUV, get rid of it!  If you can carpool, do it!  Seems pretty simple to me