News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Big Hole River

Started by twinbridges, September 24, 2015, 11:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

Well my time in Montana is growing short.....too short!  This has been a very interesting season, very good early, then hot, then smokey, then short of water, but through it all we have had a great time playing in this incredible place.  Exploring whole new mountain ranges, drinking a whole bottle of wine for lunch just because we could and in total have caught some very nice fish.

Water is fishable now although still a little low in places, clean water and fish biting.  Fished the Big Hole yesterday from Divide down to Maidenrock and the first day of Fall was beautiful.  Chilly mornings warming into the afternoon.  Leaves changing by the hour.  And we found fish!  Maybe about 20 in all but all very nice trout.  Nearly all browns but a nice bow and a few El Blanco. 

The Big Hole River is only one of the great rivers of the world and today it acted its part!

Woolly Bugger

nice double, hate that winter is coming, but I plan on enjoying the fall -- would love to throw streamers on the Madison

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

Nice.  I'd like to watch the cottonwoods change just once.  Enjoy the rest of your time.

twinbridges

It is incredible and it happens very fast.  Today off to the Jefferson for next to last fishing day.  As tradition hear goes my wife will fish an RL Winston bamboo rod made prior to their move to Twin in 1974 given to her by our great friend and fishing buddy who died last year at 93 and an old Hardy reel that belonged to Charles Kuralt.  His long time lady friend gifted it a while ago.  Hope the old Hardy reel gets to make some noise!

Jfey

I love the click of a Hardy and paired with that Winston is quite a combo!  Enjoy
Yup, going fishing

twinbridges

Well the day was a good one.  My wife the boo a go, "damn I forgot how heavy this thing is  and slow!", asked the guide for some guide vitamins, otherwise known as ibu's and passed it off to me.  A bit of time and know fish and my bi-lateral tendinitis kicked in. Give me some vitamins and my boron.

Caught about 20 or so bows and not one brown trout.  Included was a great big and fat one which singularly would have made my day.  The Jeff did not disappoint.  Fished Waterloo to Point of Rocks.  Pics tomorrow.

Rhody

sounds as good as it gets! bd;0 bd;0

looking like a little sooner for me these days to have your kinda days!

My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Fishemon

Great river  and nice fish!

Trout Maharishi

Twinbridges is the man on the scene in MT,WY,ID. I'd love to hook up with him and fish some time when I'm out there. My son lives in Bozeman during the winter and WY in the summer, but he more interested in pussy, skiing, rock climbing, peak bagging, and backpacking. I'm too old for all of that but the cooze y;
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski