News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

#didntgetinvitedtothewhitehouse

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 18, 2015, 14:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

Anybody with a little money can do this. 

Woolly Bugger

Any high schooler can "make" a clock too
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

benben reincarnated

Oh so this is about discrimination then I guess.  I missed that.   

benben reincarnated

I agree with Brian here.  Much overreaction.  It's turned into much more though.

Michael Toris

If they thought it was a bomb, why did they not clear the school and call in the bomb squad?

benben reincarnated

Woolly Bugger

How Ahmed's clock became a false, convenient tale of racism
http://nyp.st/1KXQqYA
me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

We made bombs when I was a kid.  Actually they were more like home-made hand grenades.   A kid in Mountain Grove had access to gun powder, M80s for the fuses, and baby food jars.  Punch a hole in the metal lid, insert fuse, load jar with powder and small gravel, secure lid, light fuse, throw, and then duck behind giant wood pile.  Looking back it was an insane foolish play, but we were dumbassed hill boys, far removed from what we considered the outside world, and more time on our hands for mischief than most kids. 

I don't think we got invited to anywhere.  Hard to say, because all of us could barely read at that time.  We were certainly old enough, but all of us were destined to be late bloomers when it came to reading, writing, and arithmetic.  I do know we were questioned by every non-deaf resident of Mountain Grove, but as in any kid-inspired covert operation, we all lied. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

From the bookofface

As you know - my degree is in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.  So, as someone with some appreciable expertise, I analyzed the "home made clock" that the kid in Irving was supposed to have "invented" and taken to school.  First, it is NOT a simple alarm clock.  It is a COUNTDOWN clock.  Second -- the kid didn't home make or invent anything.  He decomposed an already existing commercially available COUNTDOWN clock (as evidenced by the commercially manufactured Printed Circuit Board (PCB)) as shown in the picture of his device.

If the kid were to "home make" or "invent" a clock -- he would have used a breadboard (as I have added to the picture) wherein one inserts integrated circuits, wires, and capacitors, resistors, etc., to form the logic of such a device.

So, question: why did the kid take apart an already existing COUNTDOWN clock and build it into a briefcase where only the LEDs were visible counting down time?  What would happen at any airport, building, school, public sidewalk, if such a device were spotted? 

Question: what is in the white bag in the suitcase? It serves no electronic purpose.  Hmmmm.

Do you want anyone to bring a briefcase with COUNTDOWN clock embedded within it and setting the clock to countdown and go off during English class in your kids schools?  Again, the only thing visible on the outside of the briefcase were the LEDs counting down time to 00:00.

I smell a dirty rat, a setup here, if there ever was one.  I am appalled that the media is buying into the innocent "inventor" story.  This is not about race or religion -- it is about someone purposefully taking a menacing device to school.

What if a kid were to take an upper from one AR-15 rifle, and a lower from another AR-15 rifle and put it together, then remove the firing pin and take it to school as a metal worker "inventor"?  Why, anyone who knew anything about rifles could closely examine the metal object had no firing pin and would celebrate what a great inventor the kid was!!!  NOT!!!!  How many people at a school could closely examine the inside of this briefcase with a countdown clock visible on the outside counting down to 00:00 and make the call as to its purpose?  Again, what is inside that white bag?

Please share this post so that we can inform the public of what the news media is failing to do.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

That post summed up what I think a about that "clock". Very sloppy work, all he did was hook up a power supply in an in safe manner and comment the lcd to the pre manufactured logic board and cram it into a case, and cried "look at what I invented"

And according to the school, they are restricted from releasing the actual discussions due to privacy laws.
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

If we continue to pander to these people and do nothing to control their immigration into the country we are doomed to be ruled by them. Freedom of religion and escape from religious persecution played an important part in the founding of our country. Many of our ancestors  left Europe in an effort to escape this type of treatment. Where will we go this time?

The numbers presented in this video revel just how close we are to loosing control of our country. Much of Europe is already on the brink. Keep talking about tolerance and peaceful solutions. These people have no intention of being assimilated into our society like previous emigrates. The dogma of this religion is convert, pay the tax, or die.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

flatlander

What?  Another teachable moment gone astray?

Al

TM's response was spot on 'c; 'c; 'c; They do not need a numeral majority, just a vocal majority. I think I read somewhere a 10-15% vocal majority is all it takes to drive an agenda

jamisjockey

Irving, TX is a hotbed of muzzie activism, too.  There is a large population of them there. They have been trying to get the Mayor removed for years. 
Even if CAIR didn't put the kid up to it, he built something to look like a bomb countdown timer.  Maybe he thought he was being funny.  Maybe he was making a statement.  Either way, he was initially arrested on suspicion of a hoax bomb.  Not a real bomb.  Overreacted?  Maybe.  But public schools are known for overreacting.  Remember the kid that was suspended for chewing a pop-tart into the shape of a gun?

-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream