News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Deers 2015

Started by RiverbumCO, September 15, 2015, 16:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Shot this one last Saturday with my crossbow. Thought I saw him fall but waited 30 minutes just to make sure. Ended up staying in stand about an hour because several more came by and I did not want to spook them. (Wife says if I bring anymore home I should stop by Lowes for bigger freezer first ;D )

Big J

Dougfish

Full freezer=back to fishing?

'c;

Yallerhammer

That's a nice buck, Al!
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Al

Quote from: Dougfish on October 27, 2015, 13:46:27 PM
Full freezer=back to fishing?

'c;

Yep, giving it some serious thought :o  - 

driver

Al, if you shoot another in VA just drop it off at my house on the way back to Fayetteville

RiverbumCO

Nice deer....they arent even hot yet.  Its about to get great.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

natureboy

This is the one I hope wanders by...  Though more than likely I'll end up with many little bucks sighted and two or three does in the freezer by seasons end.

bmadd

Baby brother got his second deer yesterday afternoon. He had seen this one on his trail camera several times this summer. Rut is on here.

bmadd

Ducks and dove only now. Deer and turkey went the wayside to fish more.

Al

I think you could call this a "six point"  -  Last evening @ Wounded Warrior hunt up in town of Inez - Warren County NC  (Oppps, I see a browe tine so thing we have a seven or maybe an eight here.  No matter the count, we had a great time and met some wonderful folks.

Al

Quote from: troutfanatic on November 08, 2015, 13:35:37 PM

Did Joe H. get one?

No, he did not. Not for lack of trying but with the warm temperatures the deer were not moving. Another challenge is the surrounding areas have been hunted hard for the past three weeks by dog hunting clubs. It has been my experience that deer go nocturnal soon after they get run by dogs for very long.

I told him to talk with you and perhaps you would be willing to give up your slot so he could try for a mulligan at Caldwell.

Dee-Vo

Seen a nice ass buck with a herd of does this evening while fishing. Big pimpin'. Many deer were out doing their thing between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm. Didn't act skittish at all to be this time of year.

Dee-Vo

I did almost nothing but hunt growing up. Got burnt out on it. I get that urge from time to time, but not like I used to. Time is also a factor. Strangely enough, land access is not an issue.

Dee-Vo

Access is a real bitch. I can help you out there, but I'm an hour from you....maybe a little more.

Here's my yard lots of mornings/evenings:

Also, many other critters are around. Had a huge red fox in the yard the other morning.