News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Attn: Redd Rapers

Started by Michael Toris, August 27, 2015, 07:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Toris

http://www.fecpl.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/PhilippEtAl_BassBook_2015.pdf

tl;dr -- Catch & Keep and Catch & Release angling has negative effects on black bass populations. The most aggressive male nest protectors produce the strongest year classes; thus, removing those fish is creating poorer brood success.

Could be extrapolate to trout? Sort of; trout do not guard their redds like basses, but males will consume other eggs to help create a redd consisting of very few female's eggs.

Still doesn't make raping redds cool doe.....

Transylwader

What the fuck do you care weird beard? You don't fish trouts, you coarse fishing bastage.
Focus on the prize...Jolie lips round your aig patterns p;-

Jfey

damn, guess I am going go have to change my fall fishing program. 
Yup, going fishing

RiverbumCO

I dont think we are gonna run out of lmb any time soon.

Irrelevant.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Transylwader

Quote from: RiverbumCO on August 27, 2015, 08:23:47 AM
I dont think we are gonna run out of lamb any time soon.

Ohhhh shit...
Fixed*

AL trout bum

Quote from: RiverbumCO on August 27, 2015, 08:23:47 AM
I dont think we are gonna run out of lmb any time soon.

Irrelevant.

That's what we said about polar bears too and I'll be damned if we didn't cause the polar ice caps to start melting!

NOT  :P
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Trout_Commando

Quote from: DAYUMson on August 27, 2015, 07:52:00 AM

tl;dr -- Catch & Keep and Catch & Release angling has negative effects on black bass populations. The most aggressive male nest protectors produce the strongest year classes; thus, removing those fish is creating poorer brood success.

Could be extrapolate to trout? Sort of; trout do not guard their redds like basses, but males will consume other eggs to help create a redd consisting of very few female's eggs.

Imagine that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest rock concept record...ever. This can't be denied.

Trout_Commando

Quote from: DAYUMson on August 27, 2015, 07:52:00 AM

Any good orvis dog bed reviews? No? Mmmk

The Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest rock concept record...ever. This can't be denied.

Michael Toris

Was talking about native trout (brook trout), not nonnative brown trout in a river full of douchebags. I'd rape the fuck out of a Soho redd.

My dog would beat your dog up btw.

Trout_Commando

Quote from: DAYUMson on December 22, 2016, 22:54:54 PM
Was talking about native trout (brook trout), not nonnative brown trout in a river full of douchebags. I'd rape the fuck out of a Soho redd.

Well...that's nice to hear. You've sure got a way with people. If you don't fish trout...why do you care about the SoHo? You fish for stripers? Hybrids? I love it. But a healthy trout population makes for massive hybrids. My dog would outrun your dog all day and herd it back to your car exhausted.

Trout_Commando

Quote from: Trout_Commando on December 22, 2016, 23:00:25 PM

Well...that's nice to hear. You've sure got a way with people. If you don't fish trout...why do you care about the SoHo? You fish for stripers? Hybrids? I love it. But a healthy trout population makes for massive hybrids. My dog would outrun your dog all day and herd it back to your car exhausted.

How many times have you fished SoHo? Why do you think it's full of douchebags? Lots of cool folk. Lots of douchebags too, but that describes about any river with any type of good fishing in this world. Project Healing Waters is on the SoHo everyday. They douchebags?

Michael Toris

Quote from: Trout_Commando on December 22, 2016, 23:02:57 PM

How many times have you fished SoHo? Why do you think it's full of douchebags? Lots of cool folk. Lots of douchebags too, but that describes about any river with any type of good fishing in this world. Project Healing Waters is on the SoHo everyday. They douchebags?

Are you a member of PHW? If so, then they have at least one douchebag.

Trout_Commando

I fish bass, carp, musky and anything that will take a fly. I just advocate my water. You do the same. It's all good

Trout_Commando

Quote from: DAYUMson on December 22, 2016, 23:06:06 PM

Quote from: Trout_Commando on December 22, 2016, 23:02:57 PM

Are you a member of PHW? If so, then they have at least one douchebag.
Good one...lmao. That's funny. Actually...there are numerous douchebags in PHW. Happens when you get a bunch of egos and elitists together...kinda like this conversation.