Unlimited waterfall accidents.

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 11, 2015, 20:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you jump?

Hell yeah, watchis!
2 (11.8%)
Maybe if I had enough to drink
1 (5.9%)
Not just no, but he'll no! Are you crazy!
7 (41.2%)
I jumped the falls one time at band camp!
5 (29.4%)
N
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Woolly Bugger

The U.S. Forest Service and other agencies have confirmed two July 23 accidents at Western North Carolina waterfalls, including one that resulted in a fatality.

Transylvania County Rescue Squad Chief Dale Whitlock told the Citizen Times that a man on a ledge "approximately 10 to 15 feet" up on Looking Glass Falls fell and was flown to Mission Hospital for trauma he suffered on July 23.

Dowd confirmed that another man — who has not been publicly identified— died in a separate incident at Secret Falls in Macon County in the Nantahala National Forest.

"A man died while swimming at Secret Falls on the Nantahala Ranger District, south of Highlands. He drowned swimming in the pool beneath the falls," she said of the July 23 fatality.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/2022/07/27/us-forest-service-confirms-waterfall-death-nantahala-national-forest/10155866002/
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

not a waterfall, but close to one...

Hiker hurt in 50-foot fall from Looking Glass Rock

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

A hiker suffered a serious leg injury after falling 50 feet from Looking Glass Rock in Transylvania County.

The fall happened about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Rescuers responded to the Sunwall Trail off of FS Road 475B to reach the hiker. Crews said it was tough to rescue the hiker. Rescuers ran into difficult terrain at the base of the rock.

https://wlos.com/news/local/hiker-hurt-in-50-foot-fall-from-looking-glass-rock-transylvania-county-sunwall-trail

Kudos to the rescuers!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

61-year-old woman falls to death off 150-foot cliff at Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina

61-year-old woman fell 150 feet to her death from a steep cliff on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina on Sept. 23, the National Park Service said in a news release.

Nancy Sampson of South Carolina, died as a result of injuries from her fall at Glassmine Falls Overlook, the release said.

A 61-year-old woman fell 150 feet to her death from a steep cliff on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina on Sept. 23, the National Park Service said in a news release.

Nancy Sampson of South Carolina, died as a result of injuries from her fall at Glassmine Falls Overlook, the release said.

Dispatch operators received a call a little after noon on Saturday of a female who had fallen down the cliff. NPS law enforcement rangers arrived on the scene and confirmed Sampson had died.

"Rescuers were able to locate Sampson approximately 150 feet below the overlook," the release said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/09/26/blue-ridge-parkway-death-overlook/70968476007/

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?