News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited bear news

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 09, 2015, 15:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Don't know about snow but apparently a huge washout on road going to north side of mountain. Probably doing a route on south side. Got email from outfitter yesterday. Just landed in Vegas e route to Seattle.

Trout Maharishi

Good luck and can I have your stuff if you die?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

A camper scared off a bear — then the grizzly came back and killed her
Leah
Lokan's death was 'instantaneous' after the bear broke her neck and severed her spinal cord, officials said

>>> Early on July 6, 2021, Leah Lokan awoke to a 417-pound grizzly bear a few feet from her tent, so close that she heard when the bear "huffed" at her head.
"Bear! Bear!" Lokan yelled, prompting Joe and Kim Cole — two other cyclists camping in the small town of Ovando as they trekked across Montana — to spring from their nearby tent, armed with bear spray and clamoring as much as possible, according to a 26-page report addressed by the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee's executive body earlier this month.
The bear fled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/19/grizzly-bear-deadly-attack/
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Trout Maharishi

"Lokan's death was 'instantaneous' after the bear broke her neck and severed her spinal cord, officials said"
If it's going to happen that's the way to go. I do want to suffer.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Dustin Tolley and Adam Buckles were night fishing at Watauga Lake in eastern Tennessee on July 17, when something unexpected happened. "[We] heard the craziest sound coming off the mountain right towards the boat," Tolley wrote in a Facebook post. "So, we got the boat light to shine to see what was coming toward us, and this is what we saw."

Tolly and Buckles had unexpectedly come upon a black bear taking down a mature whitetail deer. While using a spotlight to illuminate the scene, they filmed a short video of the scene. The bear used its paws and jaws to pin the deer down, before dragging it up the hill away from shore as it flailed weakly.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/conservation/black-bear-kills-deer-tennessee-video/
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Big J

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Stone-Man

driver

troutboy_II

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 29, 2022, 09:57:04 AMTenacious critter that needs an attitude adjustment, I say.  It is unlikely that I would ever kill such an animal, but it would be a hoot to employ paint balls or bear spray or ????.

How about paint balls full of bear spray?  That might be interesting...  d:b

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

GATLINBURG, Tenn. (AP) — Great Smoky Mountains National Park officials have closed a couple of trails until further notice to allow a large concentration of black bears to feed on acorns.

The Gatlinburg Trail between Gatlinburg and Sugarlands Visitor Center and the Twin Creeks Trail between Gatlinburg and the Twin Creeks Science and Education Center are closed, the park said Wednesday.

https://myfox8.com/news/smoky-mountains-national-park-closes-trails-while-bears-feed?utm_source=wghp_app&utm_medium=social&utm_content=share-link
me -There's a season?