News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited bear news

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 09, 2015, 15:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Al

Yogi is becoming a regular visitor to my cabin You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

jwgnc

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 04, 2021, 08:53:34 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 12, 2020, 14:53:42 PMBear found scavenging on human remains at GSMNP backcountry campsite

> Hikers found the body at campsite 82 near the Hazel Creek Trail Friday afternoon. The statement said the hikers first saw an unoccupied tent at the campsite and later found the body across a nearby creek, the statement said.

https://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/entertainment/places/great-smoky-mountains-national-park/bear-found-scavenging-on-human-remains-at-gsmnp-backcountry-campsite/51-faf5ac06-0651-4e8d-b5d3-ea7bd1b42173

Since nothing else was reported on the cause of death I sent a request for the autopsy report to the NC Chief Medical Examiner... we shall see ...

I have received the Autopsy, Investigation and Toxicology Reports.

If you're interested in reading them I've attached the combined files in a pdf, send me a PM for password..

me -There's a season?

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 19, 2021, 14:19:11 PMhttps://wlos.com/news/local/confirmed-man-killed-in-gsmnp-by-bear-marking-second-bear-related-fatality-in-park-history-patrick-madura

Never trust a national park bear.

I guess I got the reports at the same time that they were released to the media... wait, I am the media  d:b

three are some things in the report that make you ask some unanswerable questions...
me -There's a season?

greg

I had been wondering about that. I spent two nights there last may right after park opened back up. I didnt see any sign of bear in three days of fishing.

Trout Maharishi

I though the guy may have already been dead. Now after reading the autopsy it looks like the bear killed him. I hope it was quick and the bear wasn't eating him while he was still alive. This is at least the 3rd attack in the last couple of years. The other two were sleeping in hammocks and weren't fatal but the victims were bitten and clawed. I use to look at bears in the park as just a pest or a nuisance, not anymore.  One thing I noticed was the bear consumed most of this guy's liver. I doubt the bear would have survied eating most of this crowd's liver.:cheers
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 19, 2021, 22:27:45 PMI though the guy may have already been dead. Now after reading the autopsy it looks like the bear killed him. I hope it was quick and the bear wasn't eating him while he was still alive. This is at least the 3rd attack in the last couple of years. The other two were sleeping in hammocks and weren't fatal but the victims were bitten and clawed. I use to look at bears in the park as just a pest or a nuisance, not anymore.  One thing I noticed was the bear consumed most of this guy's liver. I doubt the bear would have survied eating most of this crowd's liver.:cheers
Mine probably looks like the air filter out of a 1974 Mack pulpwood truck.  :laugh:

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 19, 2021, 15:11:40 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 19, 2021, 14:19:11 PMhttps://wlos.com/news/local/confirmed-man-killed-in-gsmnp-by-bear-marking-second-bear-related-fatality-in-park-history-patrick-madura

I guess I got the reports at the same time that they were released to the media... wait, I am the media  d:b

three are some things in the report that make you ask some unanswerable questions...
The anti-depressants?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 20, 2021, 09:05:21 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 19, 2021, 15:11:40 PM

The anti-depressants?

That and
QuoteThere appeared to be an area of disturbance located near his campsite with evidence of drag marks to the creek
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

My toxicology would be quite a bit more interesting. The anti depressants he was on can be used for numerous things like smoking secession, chronic pain, lupus, or sleep aids.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

A Yellowstone National Park tourist on Saturday captured video footage showing a wolf repeatedly biting a grizzly bear's butt.

me -There's a season?

jwgnc

Northeast of Asheville is full of bears.  My wife was sent a video of a lady who had 7 in her back yard.  This one is getting it on  - way out of season.

You cannot view this attachment.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.