News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Colorado??

Started by driver, August 02, 2015, 11:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

Thinking of heading to Colorado next month. Airfare is pretty cheap to Denver right now. I haven't been in 10 years. I have some places in mind in Northern part of the state that I have been to before.

Just wondering if any of you have been out that way recently, or have some suggestions on others parts of the state.

Dougfish

I was in RMNP at Estes Park in Oct. last year. Upper St Vrains, too. It's just less than two years from the devastating floods there, so you have to go high to find streams worth fishing. They are having a good year for rain. Maybe 20% above average.

I am jonsing to go to the Durango/Ouray/Silverton/Delores area in SW CO. We stayed there, no rod, groan.
Beautiful, rugged. You can take the scenic train from Durango and hop off along the way, fish, catch the train back.
Good eats, drinks. Durango Anglers is a good shop. I can make lodging recommendations, too.

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

sanjuanwormhatch

SW CO is stunning.  I too went sans rod.  How's the fishing (generally)?

Transylwader

Went three times in 2013. It was that good.
Steamboat Spraings? Walden? Estes Park?
I got several home brays out that way. A few trout bros or what not. Holla.

driver

Quote from: Transylwader on August 03, 2015, 08:24:18 AM
Went three times in 2013. It was that good.
Steamboat Spraings? Walden? Estes Park?
I got several home brays out that way. A few trout bros or what not. Holla.

Somehow I missed posts in my own topic... Crapatalk...

Yeah. I fished around Steamboat Springs and Granby last time I was out there. Thinking Walden and the range to the east, Lariamie?
I'll start grilling you guys once I've booked the plane tickets.

Dougfish

Transylwader

Um, I reread your post. If you've been there before, try another state. Austin Powers didn't shag his way out of mediocrity staying put in Liverpool, you know...if it's reefer you seek, OBX has it all. Fuck Trustafarianistan.

RiverbumCO

Obx aint got not a one mouse eating leroy.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Transylwader

Quote from: RiverbumCO on August 13, 2015, 17:21:49 PM
Obx aint got not a one mouse eating leroy.
In winter is had that fat as fuck mouse looking, blue fin catching slob, TJ snOTT /'/
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

natureboy

Go big and hit the Black Canyon.