News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bugger's New Ride

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 05, 2015, 17:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should bugger get??? AWD/4WD Crossover SUV .....

Honda CR-V LX AWD
8 (21.1%)
Suburu Outback
16 (42.1%)
Jeep Renigade
2 (5.3%)
Mazada CR-5
2 (5.3%)
Ford Escape
4 (10.5%)
I don't know, but one time at bandcamp I got a "new ride"
6 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

bmadd

If only those people realized that Toyota is the most American made vehicle on the road today, Mudwall

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: bmadd on August 06, 2015, 11:57:03 AM
If only those people realized that Toyota is the most American made vehicle on the road today, Mudwall

Cars or trucks?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

bmadd

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 06, 2015, 12:06:46 PM

Cars or trucks?

Across the board. I could be mistaken, but there was a study done on this last year that showed how much of each car was assembled in the US and how much of their parts were manufactured in the US. I am almost positive that Toyota had the highest averages across the board.

I did look up to see about trucks and the F-150 and Toyota Tundra were tied at the number 1 most American made pickup.

driver

I can't see owning anything other than a yota or lesbaru. Have both and are the most reliable non part falling off vehicles I've ever owned. I can't vouch for Nissan. Honda has been good to me as well. I've had full size Ford and Chevrolet vans and there is always something going wrong or breaking on them.  Shut the door on my '10 Chevy full size van the other day and the inside door handle broke off in my hand... only if Toyota made a full size van.

Michael Toris

Quote from: bmadd on August 06, 2015, 13:14:16 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 06, 2015, 12:06:46 PM

Cars or trucks?

Across the board. I could be mistaken, but there was a study done on this last year that showed how much of each car was assembled in the US and how much of their parts were manufactured in the US. I am almost positive that Toyota had the highest averages across the board.

I did look up to see about trucks and the F-150 and Toyota Tundra were tied at the number 1 most American made pickup.
Mine was assembled in Cali

Michael Toris

What is @Woolly Bugger thoughts on a new ride?

ptfranze

Really like my cr-v.  No problems with it, I have had other hondas easily over 300k miles.  Plenty of room for fishing stuff/bags etc in the back and still room for 4 passengers.  Mine can tow smaller boats(def drift boats), not the strongest but its possible.  Seems like a good mix that covers all possibilities. 

driver

Quote from: ptfranze on August 06, 2015, 17:09:23 PM
Really like my cr-v.  No problems with it, I have had other hondas easily over 300k miles.  Plenty of room for fishing stuff/bags etc in the back and still room for 4 passengers.  Mine can tow smaller boats(def drift boats), not the strongest but its possible.  Seems like a good mix that covers all possibilities.

Man... that thing makes all kinds of racket going down the road.. And smells funny too.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

WB, this is a fishing vehicle.  I'd give my left nut for this one.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Michael Toris

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 06, 2015, 18:21:47 PM
WB, this is a fishing vehicle.  I'd give my left nut for this one.
Hipster

RiverbumCO

Toyota initial cost is outlandish.  Why even make similar Lexus models?

Honestly whatever is closest to a modern Miata I say buy that and keep the wind in that mop.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

bmadd

RiverbumCO

Still underpowered I see.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Rhody

Ford Edge-check out the mileage,and POWER compared to Subby, wife is going thru same situation, girl at work has and
Edge, more room, more power

man up and get a truck, you know you want one
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Woolly Bugger

Edge is about 4-5k more ... Otherwise ...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!