News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bugger's New Ride

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 05, 2015, 17:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should bugger get??? AWD/4WD Crossover SUV .....

Honda CR-V LX AWD
8 (21.1%)
Suburu Outback
16 (42.1%)
Jeep Renigade
2 (5.3%)
Mazada CR-5
2 (5.3%)
Ford Escape
4 (10.5%)
I don't know, but one time at bandcamp I got a "new ride"
6 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Aka

Quote from: benben on August 06, 2015, 08:20:40 AM
Quote from: AKAaron on August 06, 2015, 07:52:31 AM
Quote from: benben on August 06, 2015, 07:13:50 AM

On my street of less than 20 houses there are 10 Subarus, most of them being Outbacks and all are their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Subarus they've owned.

That can be said for every liberal hippie town in the country. Portland - overrun with Subaru's, Seattle - Lesbaru's as far as the eye can see, Missoula, MT - infested with em', the entire state of Vermont is under a strict Subaru only ordinance.

I've had multiple Subaru's (mostly the old GL's), great cars. Go with Graysun's Tacoma/ drift boat idea.

[attach=1]

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I clicked the Ford Escape, but only because the spirit of my late grandfather made me do it.  That same spirit is causing me to consider a F150 for my retirement vehicle.  BUT I will likely get a new Frontier.  Like Yaller, I've had great luck with the Frontier I now drive.  It has ~ 140,000 on it and the only real problem was those damned tire pressure sensors.  My next one will however be an automatic.  I have pushed my last clutch.  BTW that spirit of granddad never approved of my Nissan, even though it was made in TN.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 06, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
I clicked the Ford Escape, but only because the spirit of my late grandfather made me do it.  That same spirit is causing me to consider a F150 for my retirement vehicle.  BUT I will likely get a new Frontier.  Like Yaller, I've had great luck with the Frontier I now drive.  It has ~ 140,000 on it and the only real problem was those damned tire pressure sensors.  My next one will however be an automatic.  I have pushed my last clutch.  BTW that spirit of granddad never approved on my Nissan, even though it was made in TN.

Yours is just getting broken in good now. I've owned many Fords and Chevys over the years, and the spirit of  malfunctioned, broken, leaking shit usually started living in all of them after about 100k. After 250k, I've never even had to add a drop of oil between changes to the Frontier. The last Chevy I owned, at 150k I was carrying a couple quarts in the bed all the time. The downside is that the Frontier is possibly the ugliest truck ever created by mankind.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Michael Toris

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 06, 2015, 08:08:13 AM
Quote from: wildmttrout on August 06, 2015, 07:06:31 AM
Tacoma and a drift boat

Toyo or a Nissan either one are way above the domestics nowadays. My Frontier has 250k on it right now with hardly a wrench touching it in that time except for normal maintenance.

Most common statement from an owner of either a Tacoma or Frontier. Was the main deciding factor for me.

if you want something fancy and tricked out, get domestic. If you want something to actually do what a truck does and last more than 100,000, get a taco or front.

Also, git

bmadd

The Frontier is a good truck, the Titan is a POS. Go 4-door Taco with topper or 4Runner. Rav4 if you really want something more feminine.

If you want something feminine, yet masculine (a la Butch), go with Doug and Ben's suggestion.

Woolly Bugger

I'll be starting a "go fund me" for the truck and drifter
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Michael Toris

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 06, 2015, 09:05:20 AM
I'll be starting a "go fund me" for the truck and drifter

Follow your dreams woolly

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dougfish

Beetle

I voted Lesbaru but agree with Taco + Topper.   I am envious of Flatlander's truck (but admittedly am too fat to drive one myself).

flatlander

Quote from: Beetle on August 06, 2015, 09:41:07 AM
I voted Lesbaru but agree with Taco + Topper.   I am envious of Flatlander's truck (but admittedly am too fat to drive one myself).

Trade you.

Transylwader

2016 Frontier.

How about a Hilux? They will eb available in US and A next year (thank Christ...)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/79/a8/6b/79a86b9fa9a57da851023b52e1dcb799.jpg

Aka

Quote from: Transylwader on August 06, 2015, 10:14:15 AM
2016 Frontier.

How about a Hilux? They will eb available in US and A next year (thank Christ...)
http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/79/a8/6b/79a86b9fa9a57da851023b52e1dcb799.jpg

Them Hilux's is beasties.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

The only complication I see with the Frontier or the Tacoma is you'll never be accepted at truck pulls or by farmers, lumbermen, etc.   Try driving up to a truck pull in one of these foreign vehicles.  You can have it hillbillied up to the max, and you can be dressed in stereotypical country bumpkin attire, and you'll still be treated as poser.   Ask any old farmer or pulp wood cutter how they like your new Frontier.  I'll be the first to admit these alien vehicles ain't really pickups.

Acceptance is getting better, but I still find myself saying, "Forgive me.  I have sinned.  I did not buy American."

Plus, there is no better hayseed image than an aged man in a F150, with his dog beside him on the bench seat, and an old firearm hanging on the rack behind them. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

tomato can

Quote from: Transylwader on August 06, 2015, 08:28:53 AM
Woolly, I thought your "new" ride was in that house I been dropping you off at for the past few months ???
Get a 2016 Nissan Frontier. Your line up screams soccer mommy. Those crossover wagons are another way of admitting you's a closet fag n!n

I guess Transyl "I had a rufffff time at summer camp" wader would know about closet fags...

But seriously, it KILLS me to say it, but I really really like my Outback.  Their commercials are insipid and every time I see a Coexist or faded Obama '12 sticker I am ready to retch, but its a great car to fly fish out of this summer.  I just got back from the Va SoHo and and got 33 mpg, the hatch is perfect for keeping all the flyfishing crap semi organized and clean.  Its easy to load and unload all that crap also.  My only beef is that I have to sell my heavy ass steal landscaping trailer that my cataraft currently sits on and buy a spendy aluminum dedicated raft trailer. I am saving now but it will be a while...