News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fall Color Map

Started by benben, October 02, 2012, 07:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

I was in the highlands this weekend. Did see some color starting about 3000ft.

Michael Toris

Fall sucks. Today was easily the worst weather of the year.

RiverbumCO

I understand you are highly opinionated, I just don't understand how your opinions can be consistently wrong.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Michael Toris

Quote from: RiverbumCO on September 23, 2014, 19:44:14 PM
I understand you are highly opinionated, I just don't understand how your opinions can be consistently wrong.
Because you believe they are opinions. They are in-fact facts and your opinions are contrary to them.

Fall is the season of the beginning of plant death. Why do we celebrate shorter days, cold gloomy weather, and plant death? Spring? Now there is something to celebrate. Optimism. I love optimistic situations

Dougfish

Quote from: wildmttrout on September 23, 2014, 19:52:29 PM
Fall is the season of the beginning of plant death. Why do we celebrate shorter days, cold gloomy weather, and plant death? Spring? Now there is something to celebrate. Optimism. I love optimistic situations.

On this, we wholeheartedly agree.

The only good things about fall?
I book most of my years business then, and big browns are on the warpath.

driver

I do love spring, but I hate summer. And fall means an end to summer. Crisp cool mornings, the smell of plant decay, football, raging browns and bird hunting. Less light means more time to sit inside and drink as well.

Big J

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on September 23, 2014, 20:19:54 PM
Quote from: wildmttrout on September 23, 2014, 19:52:29 PM
Fall is the season of the beginning of plant death. Why do we celebrate shorter days, cold gloomy weather, and plant death? Spring? Now there is something to celebrate. Optimism. I love optimistic situations.

On this, we wholeheartedly agree.

The only good things about fall?
I book most of my years business then, and big browns are on the warpath.

Autumn is the best!  One of my favorite smells is the faint aroma of a smashed road kill polecat on a frosty cool October morning.  It doesn't get any better!

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."   Albert Camus
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

benben reincarnated

It's time!

Get ready G for signs of the coming winter.

http://biology.appstate.edu/fall-color-report/fall-color-map-north-carolina

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: benben on September 15, 2015, 08:23:19 AM
It's time!

Get ready G for signs of the coming winter.

Who the hell is G?  Is he the ignoramus that said, "Fall is the season of the beginning of plant death"?   

Smell a skunk, wear some wool, lick the moisture from your tache, take a comfortable snooze in some fresh fallen foliage, sniff deep through your nostrils until it burns  -- enjoy autumn, the splendid season.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

tomato can

[/quote]
take a comfortable snooze in some fresh fallen foliage, sniff deep through your nostrils until it burns  -- enjoy autumn, the splendid season.
[/quote]

this maybe the only thing Muddy has EVER said that is remotely sensical!