News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fuck it it's Friday

Started by AK Aaron, July 31, 2015, 08:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

Might as well watch this at your desk. Its' Friday, don't act like you're going to be getting shit done today.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I am going to fix a leaky faucet for my parents, and then I'm going fishing.  Humidity is down and there is a little breeze here in the mountains.  Locals have been seeing rattlesnakes, so if fishing flops I might get the local kid and go hunt a snake.  I got no time to watch an hour of swells in fancy gear fishing.  F*ck technology! 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

driver

I'm sitting in jury duty... again.. today... fucking bullshit.

benben reincarnated

I enjoyed watching this Aaron.  Sorry that I cuss like Xenie on the stream though.

sanjuanwormhatch

this is such a dramatic cinema. 

Big J

Is it Friday yet?  I have fall and winter on my mind.

DRIFTS

1st of Oct. on its way...can't wait! We gotta float that section Charlie was on...they be stacked and packed in there  /'/
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

That muskie crap looks to be as much fun as getting a vasectomy with a weed-whacker.  Now floating in the boat with a thermos of coffee, a sack of bacon biscuits, and binoculars might be fun. 

JMiller

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on September 04, 2015, 09:41:54 AM
That muskie crap looks to be as much fun as getting a vasectomy with a weed-whacker.  Now floating in the boat with a thermos of coffee, a sack of bacon biscuits, and binoculars might be fun.

I can see how casting some heavy rod all day with nothing to show for your efforts might not sound all that appealing, but even seeing one of those fish in the water is pretty exciting, let alone chasing a fly under the boat. Will make your knees wobbly.

Also, having just had a vasectomy a couple weeks ago, I can testify first-hand that the musky fishing is better. Much better.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: JMiller on September 04, 2015, 09:52:55 AM
I can see how casting some heavy rod all day with nothing to show for your efforts might not sound all that appealing, but even seeing one of those fish in the water is pretty exciting, let alone chasing a fly under the boat. Will make your knees wobbly.

Also, having just had a vasectomy a couple weeks ago, I can testify first-hand that the musky fishing is better. Much better.

If younger, this would've made my knees wobble.

Now, it takes stuff like this to even keep me conscious.

Onslow

QuoteNow, it takes stuff like this to even keep me conscious.

Consciousness is overrated.

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on September 04, 2015, 09:41:54 AM
Now floating in the boat with a thermos of coffee, a sack of bacon biscuits, and binoculars might be fun.

Are you bringing bacon biscuits and coffee to share when we float?  y;

Yallerhammer

Mudwall, I know Steve Watts, have been involved in some primitive skills stuff with him several times. He's a very knowledgeable guy.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on September 08, 2015, 08:04:12 AM
Mudwall, I know Steve Watts, have been involved in some primitive skills stuff with him several times. He's a very knowledgeable guy.

Yes, he is knowledgeable and a very cool guy.  I meet him at this year's Kephart Days.

Life under canvas is the way to go!!!

Yallerhammer

Kind of.  ;D More like flintknapping stone arrowheads and knives, building wooden bows and cane arrows and hunting with them, starting friction fires, braintanning deer hides into buckskin, making cordage, traps, that sort of things. Steve has taught primitive skills at the Schiele Museum of Natural History down at Gastonia for many years, has written a few books, and was president of the Society of Primitive Technology. He's been on a Kephart-esque classic camping and woodcraft kick for a few years now, also. I used to do classes and demos of primitive skills at knap-ins, hippie gatherings, that sort of thing, and I still write for Primitive Archer magazine.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff