News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Dove Hunt Event

Started by Stone-Man, September 07, 2015, 09:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stone-Man

Was hunting in Mid Tenn. this weekend and one of the other hunters put out some dove decoys on the ground.  Dammed if a big -ass hawk did'nt swoop down and snatch up a decoy and fly off with it. Bet he gets indigestion from hell !!   Any of Yawl ever had such a thing happen  ???

JT

Woolly Bugger

Bird might have been a little nearsighted ??
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

I had a buzzard come down and hump one once :o
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jwgnc

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 07, 2015, 15:48:43 PM
I had a buzzard come down and hump one once :o

I did not hump.  I was only squatting to take a closer look.  And I resent being called a buzzard till my next birthday.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

jwgnc

Didn't mean to hijack.  Did the doves fly?  Did any fall?
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Stone-Man

Yes, the doves flew on Friday. There were ten of us and we killed 81
They did not fly well on Saturday even though we hunted a new field that had not been shot. That field was 10 miles from the 1st field and we only shot 25 birds that day. But,not all was lost since we went back to camp that night and ate smoked brisket and drank enough whiskey and moonshine to get fairly stupid  :o

JT

JMiller

Sorry I didn't make it down JT. Work.
Probably hunting with Will tomorrow.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski