News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tree ID ???

Started by troutrus, July 21, 2015, 15:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

My wife brought this tree back to Eden, NC from the Morganton, NC area about 10-12 yrs ago. When she planted it it was just a seedling. Probably 12-15 feet tall at this time. Beautiful looking tree with a beautiful natural shape. Long, very, very sharp needles. Double trunk as shown in closeups.
Appreciate any help with identification.

Dee-Doodle Duck

Looks a lot like a Norway Spruce to me, but I'd just be guessing.

Fin

Dougfish

troutrus

Pansyman

Quote from: Dougfish on July 21, 2015, 15:32:39 PM
fin with the score.

Very good. beware the needles don't decompose they petrify with age.
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Transylwader

It's a fucking tree. Cut it down, burn it up,  like you would. Heard of tomorrow?

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on July 21, 2015, 22:10:41 PM
It's a fucking tree. Cut it down, burn it up,  like you would. Heard of tomorrow?

Some people care to learn about certain subjects that are around them in nature.  For example, the difference between a yellow sally and a light cahill.

sanjuanwormhatch

That is most def. what is called in the rare plants world an "ethopian spruce."  vary valuable.  great find!

Big J

Fin

I know everyone has been inspired by J's article to rush out and find a China Fir of their own.  Here's a subspecies you won't impale yourself on.  For the record both Doug and I have picked up lots of cool plants at Camellia Forest Nursery.  Great folks and plants; much more than just camellias.

http://www.camforest.com/product_p/ts-cunlanuni3g.htm

Rhody

Cunninghamia lanceolata  "unknown unique Blue form" given to me by nursery friend several years ago, it roots easily and will be glad to send cuttings, how bout that un Doug
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Dougfish

That's sporty! Upright, prostrate, irregular?

Rhody

upright, kinda dwarfy, only 4' in 4 yrs., but that is potbound, not in ground
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Michael Toris

Do prostrate trees seem slightly swollen and have a hard time peeing as they age?

#realquestions