News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Screamin lil bitch puts out.

Started by Onslow, July 18, 2015, 20:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Work related travels have taken my to some rather dimly lit sections of Va.  Today, I had to service some 1 year warranty issues on a couple jobs, the last of which was 3 miles away from an isolated creek with appealing specifications.  I had a few hours to spare.

Was taken back a bit by the the relentless tilt and the turbulent water.  Had some doubts about the steam selection early on.

Pune cockroaches were harassing the  goods, but had trouble getting them in hand.  Sent a few over the mountain with my hooksets. 

An otter showed itself.  Presuming it takes some mass to feed an otter, I became very optimistic about my prospects.

Things were a bit awkward, slow and unproductive in the first hour.  Changed the game plan and was rewarded.

Another view of this 11 incher.

Tried to get this colorful specimen to pose calmly.  No such luck.

Elevated water levels made presentations challenging.  Had some luck chucking meat.

At one point I caught a 14" bow.  It provided me with all the thrills.  After landing it, I attempted to shoot a pic.  It slithered away, but I corned it in a sieve with the help of my net.  After gathering the fish, I slipped and pretzelled, attempted again to shoot a pic, but it escaped again.

Not agreeable either.  This one was about 10.5

It was such a relief to be on the water.  90 degree temps surrounded the creek but under the canopy, it couldn't have been more than 75 degrees.  The water couldn't have been more than 63. Damned impressed with the creek and plan to make the near 2 hour drive to hit it again. 

Dee-Vo

That shit is sexy, man. Glad you got out, you needed it.  y;

Dougfish

You jizzed. Admit it.  :;!

Glad you got wet and productive.  'c;
(It twernt'd as sketchy as the usual.)

Onslow

Dolostone streams tend to have the effect on me, Doug.

benben reincarnated

JD

I'd drive 2 hours for that.  'c; It would be worth it just to cool off from these ridiculous temps.

Jfey

If there are fish you will find them.   Good stuff 'c;
Yup, going fishing

Big J

Yallerhammer

Hell yeah! Don't see hardly any specks that size down this way these days.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

The music is dodgy. Stream selection of Hayseus. 'c;

ptfranze

Pretty stream   'c;  Hard to find brookies that size def worth a return trip

natureboy

Nicely done.   I think the volume of water we have in the hills right now is making some fat fish.  Thanks for the inspiration to get out!   'c;