Crawfishing on Work

Started by Big J, July 16, 2015, 18:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

It rubs the lotion on it's skin.

Grannyknot

Quote from: wildmttrout on July 17, 2015, 08:23:51 AM

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 17, 2015, 08:22:03 AM
I'm really opening myself up for a battering here, but..... I once had a turkey burger.

And I also tuck my wiener and pretend I'm a girl sometimes.

Fify

weiner tuck sounds painful.
serious though man, this guy at work had killed this big old turkey and said he figured it would be too tough so he ground it up with some seasoning and made burgers.  Cooked them, sort of smoked them really, on a weber kettle grill and put a giant piece of pepper jack cheese on it.  It was pretty decent.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 17, 2015, 08:38:12 AM
serious though man, this guy at work had killed this big old turkey and said he figured it would be too tough so he ground it up with some seasoning and made burgers.  Cooked them, sort of smoked them really, on a weber kettle grill and put a giant piece of pepper jack cheese on it.  It was pretty decent.

Lot of work to make something a burger that ain't a burger.  Just sayin'

Grannyknot

didn't bother me.  I didn't do anything but eat it.  he did all the work.

Jfey

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 17, 2015, 08:38:12 AM
Quote from: wildmttrout on July 17, 2015, 08:23:51 AM

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 17, 2015, 08:22:03 AM
I'm really opening myself up for a battering here, but..... I once had a turkey burger.

And I also tuck my wiener and pretend I'm a girl sometimes.

Fify

weiner tuck sounds painful.

While not even close to a real burger, I have had a turkey burger with goat cheese on multiple occasions and it wasn't terrible.
Yup, going fishing

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Jfey on July 17, 2015, 09:02:30 AM
While not even close to a real burger, I have had a turkey burger with goat cheese on multiple occasions and it wasn't terrible.

GTFO with this blasphemous talk.

bmadd

We all know the one real way to make a turkey burger better...

With a good helping of thick cut, real smoked bacon. Then remove the turkey portion.

Grannyknot

I think Doug owes me big time.
He acknowledged turkey bacon as being "Awesome".  I jumped on that grenade by admitting I once had a turkey burger that was good.

I want to know more about these crawfish that are hell bent on disproving natural selection.

Big J

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 17, 2015, 09:30:23 AM
I want to know more about these crawfish that are hell bent on disproving natural selection.

Last time I fished the stream, I ran into a guy taking pictures of the crawfish.  He was really into these crawfish.  He says he talked with a biologist who says it's one of two known mountain streams in southeast that have these bright red crawfish.  If I remember correctly, the other stream is in NC.  Biologist told this guy that they believe it has something to do with the minerals in the stream that cause them to be bright red.  Whether that is true or not, I have no idea.  I did see a heron on the stream when I was fishing.  Bet he was having a hay day with the crawfish everywhere.

Dougfish

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 17, 2015, 09:30:23 AM
I think Doug owes me big time.
He acknowledged turkey bacon as being "Awesome". 

I owed the Fresh Market turkey bacon "in the butcher's case" is awesome. None other.
I think they rub real bacon over it.

And I'm not stepping in that "burger" pile.

JMiller

Quote from: Jfey on July 17, 2015, 08:10:27 AM

Everything is better with bacon. 

Does bacon make everything better, or do all other things just make bacon taste less good than it would by itself?
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Jfey

Quote from: JMiller on July 17, 2015, 10:10:12 AM
Quote from: Jfey on July 17, 2015, 08:10:27 AM

Everything is better with bacon. 

Does bacon make everything better, or do all other things just make bacon taste less good than it would by itself?

Certain questions aren't meant to be answered.  #mindblown
Yup, going fishing

driver

I'm really intrigued about the crawfish as well, how do you think a bright red crawfish wold go with bacon?

Dougfish

Dee-Vo

I fuckin' love crawfish. I need educating on how to cook/boil those bitches.