News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Plan B (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, July 12, 2015, 21:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

As usual, I've been devising a plan for a particular stretch of creek, and today was the day. Unfortunately, that plan went to hell before it even got started. After realizing the original plan was a total loss, I stopped at a couple more locales that I've been scoping out.

The creek I ended up getting acquainted with yielded more chubs than any flow to date, as well as some other guest appearances. Welcome to Club Chub.

I've had my new TG-4 out a handful of times now, and today I had an issue; it wouldn't turn on, period. It was fine initially, but after a little while there was nothing. I thought, battery? No, it's almost fully charged. I removed the USB port cover, as well as the battery port cover. Eventually, I totally removed the battery, blew some air into the void, and just like that it was like new again. Any similar happenings amongst you fine gents?

This creek provided a stellar beginning that would only make one think that this trip would be tough to top. Not so fast. After the initial successes it was all downhill. Very odd, indeed.

Dace orgy, holla:

This surprised me. It's been a bit since I brought a redbreast to hand in a small creek inhabited by trout. Come one, come all.

The action was solid for a bit, no complaints from myself:

Look at this fat thing. This creek is overrun with these pests.

More:

Shroomage.

Then this dude showed up. Green sunfish, come on. I guess I'll uphold a non-discriminatory practice.

Clusterfuck:

Later, Club Chub. You are one diverse piece of work. Until next time.

Made it home, pulled in the drive, and there's this guy crossing the gravel at impressive rates.

All this talk of flags lately made me wonder what flag would represent this outing. Red, green, and brown? Oh, no, it would be a rainbow.   -+;

Take it easy, fellers.  n!n

Big J

Nice stocker rainbows  8)

You fish some of the most marginal trout waters from the looks of your reports.  Good stuff.

Woolly Bugger

Always good to have a backup plan -- luv some box turtle

Only problem I have with my TG-3 is that the battery drains while the camera is not used, old one would last for weeks.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Aka

NCsporksman

RiverbumCO

set your flash to "fill" and it will reduce a lot of the blurriness youre getting.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Big J on July 13, 2015, 05:59:21 AM
Nice stocker rainbows  8)

You fish some of the most marginal trout waters from the looks of your reports.  Good stuff.

I'll fish anything once, but usually only once.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 13, 2015, 06:20:42 AM
Always good to have a backup plan -- luv some box turtle

Only problem I have with my TG-3 is that the battery drains while the camera is not used, old one would last for weeks.

The battery on the TG-4 has been full for quite some time. I think the battery charges some when it's linked up with the laptop though.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: RiverbumCO on July 13, 2015, 08:21:43 AM
set your flash to "fill" and it will reduce a lot of the blurriness youre getting.

I'll try that, much appreciated. The camera will focus on a particular point, as usual, and the rest is somewhat blurred. I've tried the auto, and manual settings. I think it's user inflicted. FML.

Transylwader

Oly cameras have all kindsa issues.
Probably doesn't help that mine gets banged up on rocks etc. My TG-1 is closing in on 3 years old. I have had it quit on me several times, the SD card corrupted twice, it doesn't turn on sometimes, nor do the functions work timely. I suppose the McDonalds conveyer belt style of manufacturing everything nowadays is to blame.
Sheesh, that is a clusterfuck!
Stockers of hayseus

Dee-Vo

Quote from: NCsporksman on July 13, 2015, 07:48:49 AM
NEED MORE CHUB!!!!

Fuck chubs. This trip made me hate those bitches worse than ever.  b';             p;- chubs

Dee-Vo

Quote from: troutfanatic on July 13, 2015, 11:15:40 AM

the weather has sucked so bad this summer, I am surprised the stoggerz are still kickin'.

I think more of the stockers survive than people think. Fuck em'.

Dee-Vo

I did find a dead mofo though. RIP, bitch.

Yallerhammer

Those stocker rainbows ain't bad either, actually, once they've been in the creek awhile. I love me some stockers grilled over the campfire coals with some lemon and onion shoved inside their disemboweled corpses.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff