News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Looking for Fishing Journal : Angling Legacy

Started by TheYiman, July 09, 2015, 11:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYiman

I keep a journal of all my days on the water as many do.  This is the book that I like to use.  Unfortunately, Amato Publications decided to quit making it.  A local shop tried to find me one from the publisher, but they said they don't have anymore.  Does anyone have one they haven't used or have just used a few pages out of that they are willing to part with?

Cover

Inside (these are my last 2 pages)

Transylwader

My old fly fishing club in Saffa had report cards that we filled out. They were paperhole punched and you could browse through reports for particular streams and check weather, temps, stream flow, flies etc. I quite enjoyed doing that when I was in my early teens.
The days of people keeping actual pen to paper journals is on the wane. Sad really, fucking internets and unsociable social media whores p;-
My little black book is hidden in a safe and I have told my next of kin that when I die, it's destroyed. I'm like that...

Best to ya in possibly locating another.

TheYiman

Thanks Tranny!

I have (nearly) filled 2 of these in 10 years.  I'd love to keep it going.  Some nights with a beer in hand and good tunes on the radio I'll just pull them out and read old memories - great entertainment. 

I once fished this place on the Nantahala called the Rainbow Springs Club, they had journals going back for nearly 50 years.  I read as much of them as I possible could the weekend I was there.  On the last night, I penned my entry into the most recent one.  Getting chills now just thinking about adding my experience to that history.  I'd love to return to that stretch of NC someday...

Woolly Bugger

you could always make one. it's not that hard, what size are the pages....

You could get a soft cover version printed up for a couple of bucks and then case it in (hardcover) for 5 to 10 bucks depending cloth and what supplies you have on hand....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

TheYiman

Thanks Woolly.  I had looked on ebay, but I think I am going to get the one on Amazon.  A buddy also just told me he had one that he had barely used that I could have.  So, looks like I'll have two on the way.  10 more years till I have to find a new system.  ;D