• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
March 19, 2019, 03:04:03 am

News:

Hatchery Supported Trout Waters Closed to Fishing March 1- April 6

+- +-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 2305
Latest: gpierce18
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 144219
Total Topics: 13909
Most Online Today: 563
Most Online Ever: 832
(March 08, 2019, 14:41:24 pm)
Users Online
Members: 26
Guests: 461
Total: 487

Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 07, 2015, 11:05:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Beetle on February 27, 2019, 13:38:45 pmI'm saying it is ridiculous that this guy is stepping down.    It was a party about a TV Show.

Probably just doesn't want to deal with the media -- perhaps he was ready to retire
ex - "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"

me - "There's a season?"

Woolly Bugger

February 27, 2019, 18:53:51 pm #316 Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 19:00:29 pm by Woolly Bugger
https://fox59.com/2019/02/21/man-sentenced-to-probation-ordered-to-stay-away-from-garfield-park-after-vandalizing-confederate-monument/amp/

This idiot took a plea deal  after vandalizing A monument commemorating Confederate soldiers who died as prisoners of war.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Video link

https://twitter.com/mass_ave/status/898952660967149568?s=21

me - "There's a season?"

Big J

That's kind of how I figured most of these vandalism people looked like.
"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." Hemingway

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

February 28, 2019, 06:55:09 am #318 Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 08:23:34 am by Woolly Bugger Reason: formatting
Image wise, I have no idea of the prototypical vandal.  I think the Indiana dude looks like this guy with glasses. 

I believe J missed or forgot the 'can't (or don't) judge a book by its cover' Sunday school lesson.
"Enjoy every sandwich." Warren Zevon

Big J

Not judging a cover, he did it. And saying yes, looks like the stereotype that would do that. That's the point.

And I would say he looks more like a WildMtWalleye that had a bad night sleep.
"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." Hemingway

Woolly Bugger

March 03, 2019, 10:44:46 am #320 Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 10:52:57 am by Woolly Bugger
CHAPEL HILL
In two weeks, a plan is due for the future of the toppled Silent Sam Confederate monument, but so far the UNC Board of Governors has not debated the issue openly, and a special board committee has met only once, in private.

The panel's meeting, on Feb. 7, was not announced publicly and notice wasn't given to media organizations -- an apparent violation of the state's open meetings law, according to Amanda Martin, general counsel for the N.C. Press Association.

Silent Sam's future is 'a very public conversation,' UNC leader says. But it hasn't been so far.
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article226908194.html

A UNC-Chapel Hill trustee, Dwight Stone, emailed one Board of Governors member, Michael Williford, to say returning Silent Sam to campus was a very bad idea.

"Mike, putting the statue back up will make us ground zero for every nut job organization on both sides of the issue," Stone wrote on Aug. 27. "There will be no way to guarantee safety and I promise you whatever is put back up is going to be the target of every one of these groups to destroy. Not only will it cost up [to] a million dollars a year of taxpayer money to try to protect it, but we will never be successful doing so without armed guards standing around it 24/7. What kind of visual signal does that send to every parent or potential parent of every student at UNC."

me - "There's a season?"

Woolly Bugger

March 12, 2019, 08:07:19 am #321 Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:34:29 am by Woolly Bugger

Winston Salem Mayor announced that the statue will be moved today. I remains to be seen where the statue owned by the UDC will end up. The owners of the Salem cemetery, where there are confederate graves has offered to allow the monument to be erected in proximity to those graves.

http://via.wghp.com/kz6sm

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.
George Orwell, 1984

me - "There's a season?"

Woolly Bugger

The American Battlefield Trust has closed on a key acquisition in northerneastern Culpeper County that spans 200 acres of fiercely fought-over Civil War battleground, including more than 5,000 feet of Rappahannock River frontage .

The Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit preservation group bought the 12-acre "Culpeper Crossing" site fronting U.S. 29 from Culpeper developer Bob Currier for $1.8 million. He had previously rezoned the land for commercial use, once envisioning it for various tourist attractions, including a butterfly conservatory and a living-history village.

https://www.roanoke.com/news/acres-along-rappahannock-river-in-culpeper-acquired-by-american-battlefield/article_376bd578-44a3-5b07-ae94-38d5e65f0182.html

me - "There's a season?"

Dougfish

I go right by that site every month for bidness. The canoe/kayak launch at the river crossing got shut down years ago because the land owners got fed up with the litter, noise and drunks. A state administered launch would be great. You can tour Civil war sites: Rappahannock Station, Brandy Station, Graffiti House, Catlett Station, Bristoe Station, Kelly's Ford and more in a half day.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? " <br />-Oddball, 1970

Woolly Bugger

March 18, 2019, 18:51:57 pm #324 Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 18:53:56 pm by Woolly Bugger

This 1863 drawing by Edwin Forbes portrays The Army of the Potomac crossing the Rappahannock River on a pontoon bridge at night, near Rappahannock Station, - LIBRARY OF CONGRESS

more info: https://www.starexponent.com/news/culpeper-crossing-parcel-near-remington-headed-to-conservation-easement/article_ce1258ad-443b-530e-81be-9c4704b86070.html

me - "There's a season?"

+-Recent Topics

Annual BRFFF Fly SWAP! Tiers Choice - Due on the Ides of March! by Dougfish
March 18, 2019, 18:58:28 pm

Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial by Woolly Bugger
March 18, 2019, 18:51:57 pm

March Madness 2019 by Dougfish
March 18, 2019, 18:13:01 pm

Unlimited Salmon/Steelhead News Update... by Woolly Bugger
March 18, 2019, 17:16:54 pm

unlimited it's the water, stupid by Woolly Bugger