Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 07, 2015, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Confederate Memorials stay or go?

Keep them.
18 (69.2%)
Good riddance
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Aka

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 07, 2015, 19:47:10 PM

Quote from: Ralyd on July 07, 2015, 18:53:42 PM
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Rolling memorial to the fabulous dead, I-85 South, Greenville Co., SC.

I am confused by this!

Gay heritage, not hate.

Aka

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 07, 2015, 19:47:10 PM

Quote from: Ralyd on July 07, 2015, 18:53:42 PM
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Rolling memorial to the fabulous dead, I-85 South, Greenville Co., SC.

I am confused by this!

Transgender children of the confederacy?

themidge

Me drunk on Lee-Jackson Day in the wee hours of the morning in Richmond, Monument Blvd. I was lucky to live only a few blocks from these beauts.
[attach=1]
[attach=2]

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: themidge on July 07, 2015, 20:45:27 PM
Me drunk on Lee-Jackson Day in the wee hours of the morning in Richmond, Monument Blvd. I was lucky to live only a few blocks from these beauts.

I lived at the corner of Monument and Boulevard in a boarding house off-and-on for a couple of years and I never noticed the monuments.  Nor did I pay any attention to those in Bath County while growing up there.  But this one at Gettysburg seemed special; in fact the entire battlefield seemed extraordinary.  Note: not my photos.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

How in the world did you not notice the Lee and Jackson monuments? They are huge!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 08, 2015, 11:22:26 AM
How in the world did you not notice the Lee and Jackson monuments? They are huge!

Easy, you put a young hayseed male of drinking age (18 at the time) in the hedonistic fan-region of Richmond and expect him to notice some damned statue?

My first trip to the local laundromat set the tone for my stay in Richmond.  This young gal came in wearing short cutoffs and some sort of midriff-revealing top.  The first thing I noticed was her long beautiful legs AND the distance between those legs at their point of attachment.  I remembered what that Hokie professor had told us about how to measure the 'lay potential' of a gal; you look for the gap distance (please note, this was the 70s).    She caught my ogling, and we conversed.  After introductory pleasantries she flat out asked why I had been scrutinizing her, and I flat out told her about what I had learned in class at VT, after all it was biology.  She was touched, impressed, and obviously flattered.  That was the beginning of the Richmond chapter of my life, and likely the primary reason I did not see any monuments or statues. 

The other reason probably has to do with my wiring.  I cannot multitask.   Driving or walking a street means driving or walking a street.  Monuments, memorials, statues, etc. in a historical setting when I am focused makes sense to me.  I never considered that part of Richmond as historical; I was most likely wrong, BUT I shall not return to find out!

Al

Well here ya go - get rid of the "Stars & Bars" and burn all the Stars & Stripes as an expression of freedom of speech - we have another sacred flag to replace them with

http://www.ketv.com/news/gay-flag-burning-suspect-released-on-own-recognizance/31607078

Woolly Bugger

Touted as heroic by liberal media, this vandal rips a flag off the back off a truck in a traffic jam!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Aka

Aka

Nope

Dee-Vo

Why didn't he just spray paint black lives matter on it?

Woolly Bugger

Why didn't the truck driver get out and pulverize him with s tire checker?
me -There's a season?

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 08, 2015, 21:28:21 PM
Why didn't the truck driver get out and pulverize him with s tire checker?

That would be racist.

Dee-Vo

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Not a smart move by the guy. What if the object removed had been Japan's Rising Sun flag, Germany's Imperial War flag, Siegel rune, or the Swastika?  Would our castigation be the same?